Corporate Controller (Property Management) ()
Posted on Nov 18, 2018 by Owens Realty Services
Corporate Controller (Property Management) ()
Branford, CT, United States of America
Our employees experience a dynamic and rewarding place to work. We have a reputation for outstanding customer service, professionalism, teamwork, and exceeding client expectations. We consider the employees of Owens Realty Services and Owens Facility Services to be one of our most valuable resources. Our employees treat others in a friendly and courteous manner and have respect for other employees, tenants, visitors and our clients' property.
Job Skills / Requirements
We are looking for a "hand on" Controller who will work closely and collaboratively with the EVP, Finance and Business Leaders to ensure that the company has "Best Practice" controllership processes and procedures for a high growth company.
• Manage Property Accountants to ensure timely and accurate monthly financial statements for internal and external customers.
• Develops a strong understanding of business processes and key performance measurements.
• Lead 5 day closing process and other productivity projects.
• Cognizant of latest best practice tools and processes and a leader in technology deployment for better controls and reduced cycle time.
• Efficiently manage all accounting operations and functions, including accounting systems, procedures, documentation and reporting.
• Proven ability to develop and motivate a professional staff.
• Builds trusting, collaborative relationships and partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Support new customer start-up operations, including systems set-up, manager training, billing, budgeting and reporting metrics.
• Work with EVP, Finance on implementing initiatives to support and facilitate the continued profitable growth of the company.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Solid experience with Microsoft Office suite; proficient in Excel
• Excellent time management skills with strong attention to detail
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Ability to collaborate across departments and work effectively in a team environment
• 5+ years' experience and a progressive track record in a growth company.
• Experience in building and leading a team of professionals.
• Bachelors' degree in Accounting. CPA preferred.
• Proven teamwork, interpersonal, written and verbal skills.
• Strong business process skills.
• Good Computer skills in accounting software and reporting applications.
• Strong presentation skills.
Education Requirements (Any)
Additional Information / Benefits
Established in 1990, Owens Realty Services is a full-service commercial brokerage, investment, management, maintenance, housekeeping and environmental services company. Our comprehensive roster of services efficiently and economically manages the operation of sophisticated real estate investment portfolios, residential apartment and condominium complexes, government buildings, educational facilities, corporate campuses, high-profile venues and family entertainment parks in both the public and private sector. Owens Realty Services affiliates with significant industry associations to stay on the forefront of the development of new management models, marketing strategies, maintenance techniques and industry product lines. We integrate industry best practices to achieve the highest quality of service delivery for our clients.
With an emphasis on customized management plans, our services result in maintaining the maximum life cycles for critical capital investments, a healthy and clean environment for all building tenants and visitors, as well as substantial cost savings. Owens Realty Services saves our clients, on average, approximately $1.00 per square foot in operational cost savings.
Owens Realty Services portfolio includes over 25 million square feet of first class, high profile facilities in Connecticut, Florida, North Carolina and New York with a value of more than $8 billion in real estate net worth and $30 million in gross annual revenue. With over 1,000 industry professionals company-wide, our organization continues to experience extraordinary growth attributed to our overwhelming commitment and dedication to the absolute best and most innovative services in the industry.
Owens Realty Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, or national origin.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan
Screening Requirements: Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check
This job reports to the Joan McDonnell
This is a Full-Time position
Number of Openings for this position: 1