Posted on Nov 13, 2018 by Servicon Systems Inc
Shift Days Monday to Friday. May be required to work some weekends
Shift Hours (Start) 7:00 AM
Shift Hours (End) 4:00 PM
Work Shift Schedule 5/40
Overtime Eligible No
Relocation Eligibility No
Travel Required Seldom
Background Requirements Acceptable results of a pre-employment background check and drug screen are required
Citizenship Must be U.S. Citizen, Lawful Permanent Resident , Refugee/Asylee
Clearance (Live Scan) No
Security Clearance Status None
Security Clearance Type Not Required
Since 1976, Servicon's flagship service - custodial services for complex and high-end environments - has been the cornerstone of our business. With more than 40years of building and sustaining long-term relationships with our clients, we take great pride in tailoring solutions that provide real and measureable ROI and an unmatched client experience.
Originating with aerospace and military installations and expanding into commercial, public and institutional markets in the 1980s, Servicon is also a nationally recognized leader in sustainability, and is CIMS GB certified. We service more than 100 million square feet daily, and down to every inch, we promise to create the clean and healthy environment that your business needs to thrive.
We are looking for an Area Manager to support and lead the daily operations of the janitorial staff in client locations throughout the San Diego area. This position requires someone with a solid work-ethic and ability to drive the areas of janitorial operational performance; account management; training and development; employee supervision; and safety. The Operations Manager will also maintain and manage operational reporting, financial Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and other duties as assigned.
- Interact frequently with clients and staff in a professional and responsive way, consistent with Servicon's company policies, values, mission, and objectives.
- Ensures safety protocols are fully implemented and followed within the facilities. Inspects and evaluates all areas serviced by assigned staff for safety and janitorial excellence.
- Conducts monthly safety meetings, on the spot corrections, counseling, and retraining on unsafe practices.
- Supervises, manages and trains janitorial staff consistent with client and company expectations. Performs quality assurance inspections to ensure all work has been completed in compliance with specific procedures and scope of work.
- Executes janitorial policies, procedures, and changes to ensure sustainable and cost-effective use of staff's time, supplies, equipment, and processes. Helps complete deliverables in client's agreement and Statement of Work to highest possible standards.
- Supports the Director of Operations and executes the full range of required management responsibilities. Produces monthly calendar of quality assurance evaluations, gathers statistics and produces account-related reports.
- Understands that challenges are opportunities and can provide effective solutions to assist Supervisors and Leads in resolving janitorial and scheduling issues, as well as provide recommendations for improved efficiencies.
- Minimum of five (5) years' relevant experience in janitorial or adjacent industy
- Strong commitment to high-level service and quality standards
- Demonstrated ability to coach, motivate, develop and lead a team
- Willingness to work a variable work schedule-to include, day shifts, evening, night shifts, and occassional weekends
- Efficient computer knowledge, proficiency in utilizing all Microsoft Office programs
- Experience working with union contracts is preferred
- Ability to obtain security clearance
- Must be Bilingual (Spanish/English)
- A criminal background check (which may include a DMV report), results of which are not necessarily a bar to employment and drug screen are required