Posted on Nov 18, 2018 by Chesapeake Employers' Insurance Company
Performs intermediate level professional internal auditing work. Work involves conducting operational, financial, and compliance audit projects under moderate supervision. Position reports to the Director of Internal Audit. Maintains all organizational and professional ethical standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs more difficult audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting client processes and procedures.
- Works independently to evaluate operational policies and procedures and assesses the effectiveness of internal controls.
- Conducts interviews, reviews documents, composes summary memos, and prepares working papers.
- Identifies, develops, and documents audit issues and recommendations using independent judgment concerning areas under review.
- Develops and maintains productive client and staff relationships through individual contacts and group meetings.
- Engages in professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships, and shares information gained with co-workers and applies knowledge to ongoing assignments.
- Performs related work as assigned by the Director of Internal Audit.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee may occasionally lift up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities are required which include close vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Office environment. The noise level is usually moderate.