Manager, International Planning Tax
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by Rockwell Automation
The International Tax Planning Manager is a key role within Rockwell Automation's Corporate Tax department based upon the high degree of interaction with and focus on Rockwell's approximately 90 non-U.S. legal entities as well as its international business operations. These interactions provide the International Tax Planning Manager with an opportunity to develop a strong understanding of Rockwell's non-U.S. businesses by leveraging experience in both U.S. International and local country tax matters. This will be a highly visible role within the Corporate Tax department as the successful individual will engage in significant interactions with Corporate Finance and Business Unit colleagues while working closely with and reporting to the International Tax Director.
- Assist International Tax Director with supporting all international tax planning initiatives through technical analysis and modeling of the tax implications. The analysis will require the review of significant tax attributes of the applicable non-U.S. legal entities including E&P/taxes, valuations, tax basis and other data points.
- Enable Corporate Tax to be an effective business partner by networking with the regional finance teams and business contacts along with the International Tax Director and other International Tax team members.
- Assist in supporting the department's efforts to respond to U.S. international tax and non-U.S. audits.
- Proactively monitor current and proposed tax law changes to determine global impact to the organization.
- Identify tax issues in foreign business operations regarding legal structure, business lines and cross-border transactions.
- Communicate effectively in both verbal and written form with U.S. and Non-U.S. Corporate Finance colleagues.
- Analyze planning aspects related to the global mobility of U.S. and non-U.S. employees.
- Work closely with the International Tax Director on planning projects related to U.S. International Tax Reform, local country tax planning, repatriation of non-U.S. cash, acquisitions/divestitures and planning for potential changes to the business.
- Provide support to other members of the International Tax team on areas such as those related to tax provision, compliance and transfer pricing issues on an as needed basis.
- Interact heavily with Rockwell's regional finance team.
- Collaborate with the Accounting, Treasury and Legal teams as well as outside consultants on common projects and initiatives that benefit the Company.
- Manage and develop direct reports.
EOE, M/F/Disable, Vet
- BA/BS Degree in Finance or Accounting; MST, MBA or JD preferred
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
- Typically 8 or more years of Big Four and/or large corporate income tax experience including a minimum of 3 years of international tax focused experience
- Strong planning, tax research, and analytical skills.
- Exhibit strong analytical thinking, ability to work in a fast-paced environment with excellent prioritization and organizational skills.
- Highly effective project management skills.
- Significant knowledge of U.S. international tax and Subchapter C tax principles as well as non-U.S. tax concepts and systems based on past experience including transactional related experience.
- Past experience with review of U.S. international tax compliance and international tax provisions.
- Proven ability to attract, manage, coach and develop professional staff.
- General knowledge of transfer pricing principles especially as they relate to the support of tax planning initiatives.
- Strategic outlook with the ability to operate as a "change agent" for both the business and the tax function.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment across multiple functions and businesses.
- Superior interpersonal skills including the ability to work with diverse personalities.
- Highest standards of integrity, business controls, and business practices.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills; both verbal and written, with the ability to communicate to all levels of the organization.
- Experience with CorpTax tax compliance software, Hyperion HFM and Sharepoint is a plus.
- Certified Public Accountant
No. of Positions:
Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley(R) and Rockwell Software(R) product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.