Posted on Nov 15, 2018 by Rockwell Automation
- Define, execute and support strategies for Products and evangelize that vision within the organization
- Conduct business and financial analysis necessary for a complete business model, including competitive analysis, budgeting, forecasting, monitoring and reporting
- Define business requirement documents which serve as a bridge from high-level business objectives to the functional specification, based on intimate knowledge of the feature, customers and market trend
- Distill business requirements to define scope and functionality of product offering and work with a team of engineers to design creative technical solutions to solve business problems
- Identify operational requirements throughout the enterprise (i.e., Finance, Support, Marketing, Partners, etc.) and collaborate with all stakeholders to ensure all requirements are met for the successful deployment and releases of product features and enhancements
- Utilize a data-driven approach to inform decision-making, analyze system and feature performance and identify opportunities for optimization and improvement
- Be comfortable in getting hands dirty in day-to-day tasks to get things done
- Monitor and track product feedback to help in the prioritization of development projects by effectively managing trade-offs between investment, schedule and customer benefit
- Drive execution of product development through the complete define / build / test / launch / review / sunset life-cycle ensuring deliverables meet the desired business objectives
- Conduct third-party product evaluation and lead integration when necessary
- Mentor product team, engineering team, sales team in the day-to-day management, development, and optimization of products
- Act as technical liaison and evangelist for Cloud platform and products offerings to internal stakeholders and external partners
- Demonstrate a functional understanding of Agile Development Process. This includes the ability to convert voice-of-the-customer input and business needs into detailed product requirements.
- Demonstrated customer facing experience, both commercially and technically, on the topic of data management and data visualization best practices and capabilities.
- Demonstrate extensive leadership ability by effectively mentoring other consultants
- Leverage work appropriately and create a supportive environment for associates to learn
- Continuously improve and expand personal competencies
- Build relationships internally and collaborate effectively on cross-functional teams
- Communicate with Sr. Leaders and customers at various levels from key decision makers to technical stakeholders and advisers in order to understand the problems they are looking to solve
- Ensure thorough familiarity with policies and procedures relating to standards of business conduct and motivates teams in the importance of full compliance with the letter and spirit of such policies and procedures
- Customer facing, strong communication skill
- Effective support of sales team, creating collateral material and messaging.
- Team Oriented. Collaborate internally within Rockwell Automation, Information Software & Process Business (ISPB)
- Be enthusiastic on product
- Have a profound understanding of markets, customers and portfolio
- Measure contribution on sales (top-line) and profits (bottom-line)
- Periodically check assumptions such as business cases
- Take risks, and manage them
- Foster teamwork based on lean processes
- Insist on discipline and keeping commitments
- Be professional in communication and behaviors
- Bachelor's Degree
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Academic major in Computer Science or Engineering degree.
- Master's degree a plus.
- This position requires travel to customer and non-customer sites in North America, Europe and Asia (up to 25%).
- 8+ years of software marketing/product management experience.
- Sales Experience or knowledge
- Knowledgeable in technology.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Architecture and Software
Engineering and Technicians
No. of Positions:
San Jose - California
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley(R) and Rockwell Software(R) product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.
Crate & Barrel