Lead Customer Service Representative - Pomona, CA
Posted on Nov 13, 2018 by UnitedHealth Group
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
Ear Professionals International Corporation (EPIC), headquartered in Pomona, CA, was established in 1997. Our mission is bringing affordable and cost-effective hearing care to those who need it. We accomplish that by being the first in the country to provide a national hearing healthcare plan with a network of hearing healthcare physicians and audiologists. Our comprehensive Hearing Service Plan serves our customers with a variety of service levels and price points, giving them the flexibility to meet their needs.
- Assist the floor supervisor with assigning tasks within a work group and helping shape a work environment which inspires agents to perform at their highest level
- Monitor and update agent and productivity metrics information for leadership.
- Identify training needs for staff, including assisting with training of new hires, system and process changes
- Meet the performance goals established for the position in the areas of: Key Performance Indicators, member satisfaction and attendance
- Aptitude for quickly learning and navigating new technology systems and applications
- Apply technical expertise in solving complex problems
- Monitor and recommend improvements to increase team productivity by providing expert advice and assistance to other associates, as needed
- Assist staff by taking escalation/supervisory calls
- Act as representative during conference meetings with other departments, if needed
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Ability to create, save, and send in Microsoft Outlook
- Ability to work regularly scheduled shifts within our hours of operation (6:00 am - 6:00 pm Monday - Friday) including the training period, where lunches and breaks are scheduled, with the flexibility to adjust daily schedule, and work over-time and / or weekends, as needed
- Associate's Degree (or higher)
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (able to read, write, and speak both fluently)
- Prior experience in an office setting, call center setting or phone support role
- Previous healthcare experience (i.e. benefit and eligibility, billing and payments and explanation of benefits)
- Call Center experience working in a high-volume setting
- Supervisory experience
- Excellent organizational skills
- Work ethic that is focused, accurate and highly productive
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Proactive, positive attitude, flexible and the ability to engage associates
- Experience in a position requiring ability to solve problems and encourage others in collaborative problem solving.
- Experience in a position requiring demonstrated capability with coaching and developing associates formally and informally.
- Experience in a position requiring a proficient problem-solving approach to quickly assess current state and formulate recommendations
- Experience in a position requiring proficient conflict management skills to include ability to resolve issues in a stressful situation and demonstrating personal resilience
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, Pomona, EPIC, Coaching, Conflict Management, Communication
Image Direct Sales
Cal Poly Pomona
U.S. Security Associates