Data Visualization Engineer
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by WeWork
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members across the globe space, community, and services that enable them to do what they love and craft their life's work.
Our mission is to build a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
We are building software for physical space that uses data and technology at each point in the building process, such that it can make better sourcing decisions, improve its designs, build faster and smarter, and ultimately improve the lives of the people working within its buildings.
Our state of the art technologies and dedication to technological innovation are key reasons why WeWork has been able to scale from operating one workspace location to more than 210 in just over eight years.
We are seeking a Data Visualization Engineer to join our Data Products unit.
The Data Products team is responsible for designing , developing, and deploying intelligent and intuitive data products.
Were a small agile group thats focused on impactful usage of information within data through visualizations and interactive tools.
In this role, youll help define how WeWork uses data to tell stories, motivate action, and drive value.
The ideal candidate is passionate about telling stories with data and can drive the development process from initial prototypes to the final product.
- Explore datasets to define opportunities for positive impact on our members/business
- Build intuitive interfaces, infographics, and visualizations to tell stories with data
- Guide design efforts to build intuitive and actionable data-driven products
- Collaborate with Data Engineering to build a technical framework to create, deploy, and iterate on new data products
- Collaborate with Data Science team to leverage various models (statistical, machine learning etc.) to build impactful data products
- Track record of building intuitive and interactive visualizations (a portfolio you can share is a plus!)
- Ability to prototype and transform ideas into polished products quickly
- Passion for solving problems with data
- Experience building web/mobile interfaces for displaying interactive visual insights
- Extensive experience with D3 or another front-end JS data visualization library
- Experience analyzing data using Python, R, or another programming language
- Experience connecting front-end interfaces with Elasticsearch and/or SQL-based databases
- Strong work ethic, intellectual curiosity, good judgment, and positive attitude.
- Love what you do!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.