Facility Location Manager - Feed Division (El Centro, CA)
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by Wilbur-Ellis
Are you a solid manager with top-notch leadership skills? Do you possess a degree in Business, Engineering or Supply Chain Management? Do you have at least five years' experience in Operations Management? Are you safety focused with the ability to build a culture of safety? Do you have a proven track record in motivating and creating a unified team with 50-60 employees? If so, AND, you have excellent communication skills, we want to hear from you!
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
The Location Manager will be responsible for the day to day forage plant operations. Working closely with the operations team, this individual will be responsible for all staff operations to ensure the efficient and safe handling and receipt of all forage into the facility, the processing activities within the facility, and of the shipment of all finished product from the facility.
Key Skills and Abilities Include:
- A professional individual with a strong leadership and organization skills
- Ability to create and lead a cultural focus on safety
- A team player who excels at building relationships and encourages staff growth and development
- A creative individual with experience in all aspects of a plant operation with an eye for efficient production method and an understanding of best practices
- Prioritizing multiple tasks for the best production efficiencies
- Motivating and creating a unified team of approximately 50-60 employees
- Ability to efficiently manage production costs and align these costs to volume produced
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced and changing work environment
- Ability to implement and oversee company policy in regard to Feed Safety & worker safety
- Strong project management skills including large scale capital improvement projects
- Experience working with a diverse workforce
- Ability to speak Spanish a plus
- MS Office computer skills
- Mechanic experience a plus but not required
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- An individual with a high level of integrity, who will represent the Company well
- A relationship building individual that can communicate strong production organizational skills
- Connecting effectively with suppliers, customers and co-workers
- Partnering with others to achieve the same goal
- Enthusiasm in creating a positive attitude in the work environment
- 5-10 years' experience in operations management
- Experience in feed or forage operations
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering or Supply Chain (preferred)
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
- Monitoring logistics of inbound forage products from suppliers
- Overseeing the receipt and shipment of all inbound/outbound forage products at the plant including scheduled export containers
- Monitor and manage the safe and effective storage of all forage products at the plant and all storage locations associated with the inventory
- Managing the day to day processes related to the production of outbound plant processed product
- Managing the day to day processes required to insure processing information mirrors JDE information
- Managing a staff of production workers, maintenance workers, and office workers
- Overseeing all equipment maintenance and capital needs for the facility
- Being responsible for managing and updating all forage plant processes to meet requirements of the Wilbur- Ellis Regulatory Management System programs
- Being responsible for managing and updating all plant Quality and Safety process programs (HACCP plan, FSSC 22,000, QA manual, plant procedures, etc.) as outlined in the Wilbur- Ellis Quality Management system
- Being responsible for all aspects of plant and employee safety as outlined in the Wilbur- Ellis Environmental, Health, and Safety Management System
- Approving and monitoring all plant production related expenses
- Overseeing product sampling, testing, and analysis results
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive annual salary (determined based on experience and other factors)
- Comprehensive employee health and retirement benefit offerings
Wilbur-Ellis Feed, LLC is headquartered in Vancouver, Washington and is a marketer and distributor of value-added feed ingredients in North America and Asia-Pacific. Wilbur Ellis provides feed solutions to our customers and suppliers in the Livestock, Pet Food and Aquaculture Industries. Providing a complete supply chain, including logistics, warehousing and customer service, in addition to expertise in import/export and regulatory, sets Wilbur-Ellis apart from our competitors. We understand the importance of providing on-time delivery of specified products and honoring our commitments to suppliers and customers.
If you are an internal Wilbur-Ellis employee, please notify your Manager prior to applying for this position.
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-three years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to quality work, our customers and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry's best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.