Crop Applicator with Class-A CDL (Coachella, CA)
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by Wilbur-Ellis
Are you familiar with the laws, regulations, and safety rules governing pesticide application, and the handling and storage of chemicals? Do you possess a Class-A CDL with Hazmat and tank vehicle endorsements? Do you have experience with basic measurements and calculations for calibration of gallons per acre, and acres per tank? If so, we want to hear from you!
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
Wilbur-Ellis is seeking an experienced Ground Crop Applicator for the safe and legal application of plant protection and fertilizer products to a wide range of crops and sites. The applicator calculates product and carrier quantities, properly mixes and applies plant protection and / or fertilizer products using various types of application equipment.
Key Skills and Abilities Include:
- Must be familiar with all laws and regulations governing pesticide application
- Must possess or obtain (Wilbur Ellis can help obtain license) a commercial driver's license with endorsements for Haz-Mat and Tank vehicles
- Must comprehend basic measurements and calculations for calibration (gallons per acre, and acres per tank)
- Must have working knowledge of all application equipment
- Clean DMV record
- Able to work with minimum supervision
- Accurately locate application site
- Must possess or obtain (Wilbur Ellis can help obtain license) the Qualified Applicator's Certification license and attend all required safety training meetings
- Must complete bi-annual medical exams
- Must participate in a DOT random selection for drug and alcohol testing
- Must participate in a 30-day blood testing for Cholinesterase Monitoring
- Must be able to work odd hours during peak season (6-7 days, 10-14 hours, depending upon crew assignment)
- Ability to travel to other branches, meeting locations or customer farms
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- Personable mannerisms with growers and fellow employees
- Strong time management skills with the ability to set priorities
- Maintain positive communication with supervisor and grower
- Ability to remain detail-oriented with a wide range of responsibilities
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
- Proper application of fertilizer and plant protection products.
- Process work orders against scheduled dates and time
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations at all times
- Follow all Wilbur-Ellis Company safety rules
- Lift containers weighing up to 80 lbs.
- Coordinate the use of equipment and make sure that it is returned in good working condition.
- Perform a pre-trip inspection before leaving the yard
- Arrive at the correct job site without undue delay
- Properly complete necessary paperwork (application records, shipping papers, driver daily report, and all info on work orders)
- Properly handle and store all chemical containers
- Ensure that equipment is repaired or serviced in order to avoid delays in equipment availability
- Participate in blood testing and/or alcohol testing when scheduled
- Perform necessary maintenance and repair on equipment
- Assist as needed around the plant
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive hourly wage (to be determined based on experience and other factors)
- Full employee health and retirement benefit offerings
If you are currently a Wilbur-Ellis employee, please notify your Manager prior to applying for this position. Thank you!
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-three years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to quality work, our customers and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry's best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.