Field Scout - Agriculture (Seasonal) (Hart, MI)
Posted on Nov 19, 2018 by Wilbur-Ellis
Are you a college student majoring in Agriculture, Plant Science or Horticulture? Do you possess excellent math skills? Do you have the ability to work overtime when necessary? If you said yes to these questions, and you have good interpersonal skills, we'd like to hear from you!
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
Wilbur-Ellis is seeking and Agriculture Field Scout to be responsible for pest trap placement and monitoring/recording pest activity of various crops and pests. The Field Scout works closely with the field sales and the operations support team. This is a seasonal position.
Key Skills and Abilities Include:
- College student majoring in Agriculture, Plant Science, or Horticulture
- Knowledge and/or experience with agricultural operations (preferred)
- Intermediate level proficiency with standard software including MS Office Suite
- Ability to safely operate a company vehicle within state laws and company policies and guidelines
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills between both customers and fellow employees
- Ability to repetitively bend, kneel and walk long distances while working in a non-climate controlled environment and outside in inclement weather
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- Excellent math skills and the ability to maintain accurate counts
- Dependability/reliability. Occasionally may need to work Saturdays.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Willingness and desire to work overtime hours during busy seasons
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
- Prepare traps for placement in the field
- Install traps in fields. Inspect and monitor on a weekly basis.
- Maintain data counts of the number of pests trapped
- Use GPS technology to map fields
- Comply with company safety standards
- Take soil samples as needed or directed by sales
- Scout crops for economic pests and report to appropriate Sales Representative
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive hourly wage commensurate with experience and other factors
- Comprehensive employee health and retirement benefit offerings
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-three years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to quality work, our customers and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry's best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.