Posted on Nov 19, 2018 by The Ad Council
The Salesforce Administrator ensures the accuracy, usability and data integrity of the Ad Council's two Salesforce databases. Serving as the primary system administrator of our Salesforce environment with 50 users and over 51K records, this role will provide support to the organization through the customization and configuration of the Salesform platform, testing new funcitonality, listening to user feedback, troubleshooting bugs and offering solutions. This person will also be responsible for creating and launching a formal onboarding and Salesforce training program, increasing user adoption company-wide.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Manage Salesforce security including roles, profiles, sharing rules, workflows and groups
- Improve user experience through the creation of custom reports, dashboards, page layouts, record types, fields, triggers, and validation rules
- Coordinate the evaluation, scope, and completion of new development requests
- Troubleshoot and promptly provide end user support
- Help transition the organization from Salesforce Classic to Lightning Experience
- Evaluate new releases of Salesforce and determine impact to users
- Seek out and attend Salesforce and data management classes, webinars, and conferences
- Maintain data integrity and accuracy, including record cleansing and duplicate record management
- Maintain Salesforce data feeds and integrations, ensuring accuracy in monthly feed uploads via Sandbox testing
- Integrate shadow databases (i.e. Outlook and Excel) into Salesforce
- Effectively act as the liaison between users, vendors, and applicaton development
- Train new users and grow Salesforce skill set across the organization
- Maintain up-to-date documentation
- Salesforce Administration certification strongly desired
- 2+ years experience administering Salesforce required
- Prior Salesforce Lightning experience preferred
- Excellent communicator, with the ability to translate business and technical needs and interact with staff at all levels
- Detail-oriented, while keeping the bigger picture in mind
- Effective problem solver and predictive thinker
- Proficient in Excel, particularly with advanced features like vlookup and pivot tables
- Prior experience with event management and project management platforms, a plus
The ideal candidate is someone who has a great sense of humor, delights in figuring out the tricky stuff, and loves collaborating with different teams. If you are part problem solver and part teacher, then this position is right for you.
The Ad Council campaigns raise awareness, inspire action and save lives. The Ad Council is the New York-based non-profit organization behind iconic social good communications programs featuring Smokey Bear, "Friends Don't Let Friends Drive Drunk" and "Love Has No Labels."
We work hand in hand with the leading non-profit and government agencies, such as Feeding America, Autism Speaks and FEMA, to develop over 40 national campaigns each year including Bullying Prevention, Shelter Pet Adoption and Texting and Driving Prevention. We use all the tools in the communications arsenal including developing PSAs, apps and games, content for social media, engaging talent, conducting media relations and grassroots marketing and creating digital and live events to raise awareness around our causes. We also get to work with our incredible Board of Directors companies such as Facebook, Buzzfeed, Google/YouTube, Snap, Pandora and Upworthy/GOOD to ensure we've got the latest tactics, tools and platforms that will have the most significant social good impact.
Having produced thousands of campaigns addressing pressing social issues of the day, the Ad Council has affected, and continues to effect, positive social change. To learn more about the Ad Council and our impactful campaigns visit , like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or view our PSAs on YouTube.
At the Ad Council, we value and celebrate the unique characteristics and perspectives that make each person who they are. Diversity is the foundation of our work, and allows us to reimagine how we reach our audiences. It is not simply our belief, but our duty, to cultivate a team that is representative of the American people. Only then can we drive true, measurable, and life-changing impact on the most important issues facing our country today.
The Ad Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, national origin, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected status.
The Ad Council invites all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please contact please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
Fax (see application details) or
US Mail to the Advertising Council
Attn: Human Resources
815 2nd Avenue; 9th Floor
New York, NY 10017