Senior Production Manager
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by Insomniac Games
Job Title: SeniorProject Manager
Summary: Responsible for ensuring Insomniac ship titles on time, within budget, and at the highest level of excellence through planning, problem solving, and decision making. Create and maintain project schedules. Work with team members to achieve project milestones, solve production problems, and maintain studio momentum. Anticipate and solve problems independently and collaboratively.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Creates the project schedule and enforces or modifies it as necessary
- Build a strong relationship with the project's Creative Directors team, which requires a delicate balance between supporting their vision and keeping titles on track for release
- Regularly communicate project status to the COO
- Work alongside COO/ Project Management to create, institute, and evangelize new production methods amongst the rest of the Project Management staff and studio leadership
- Develop effective production strategies when projects involve coordination between Insomniac Durham and/or external vendors
- Other duties may be assigned
- Evaluates project scope and makes recommendations to Creative Director, and other Directors in the studio
- Acts as the studio liaison with publisher production staff, which includes negotiating and communicating project updates and schedule changes with publisher, while fostering a collaborative production environment
- Ensures regular communication to the company updating project status and changes
- Approves the re-prioritization of bugs during deadlines
- Consistent and regular evaluation of the game via routine playthroughs
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not have any direct supervisory responsibilities; however it is responsible for maintaining the schedule of a project, and keeping all Leads and Dept heads accountable for the projects timeline and deadlines, and mentoring more junior members of the Project Management team.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Participation as a Project Manager in the completion of one full game cycle is preferred.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of proprietary software, Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, Word and Project. Working knowledge of bug tracking database(s) is required- DevTrack, TFS, or other industry standard. Working knowledge of version control software. Perforce is preferred.