Sr Solutions Engineer
Posted on Nov 13, 2018 by Thomson Reuters
Thomson Reuters is looking for a highly motivated, energetic and goal driven Sr. Solutions Engineer to join our Court Management Solutions business with demonstrated experience in technical leadership of large software projects and implementations. This is a client facing role responsible for the overall technical solution delivery to our customers of the C-Track product suite throughout the implementation lifecycle of a project. The Solutions Engineer works collaboratively and in close partnership with the Engagement Delivery team, Development teams, subject matter experts, product management, data migration developers, architects, release engineers, quality assurance teams and customers to ensure successful implementation using a product first mindset that minimizes customizations and future proofs our customers implementations.
- Oversee a team of Solution Engineers contributing to the successful delivery of C-Track implementations.
- Organize and execute remit engagement and internal responsibilities as a team through mentorship, coaching, training and sharing of engagement related activities.
- Act as an integral member of the Engagement Delivery team alongside Engagement Managers and Business Application Consultants and other organizational unit towards a successful solution implementation
- Participate in fit analysis sessions with customers and internal subject matter experts to identify gaps and find solutions that promote product first mentality, minimize customizations and future proof customer implementations.
- Review functional designs, create technical designs and augment functional development teams as required to help drive on time delivery.
- Oversee client environment setup and client release process by collaborating with the release engineering team and customers IT staff.
- Negotiate with customers and internal stakeholders on project scope and solution proposals in a professional and effective manner.
- Collaborate with internal delivery teams and customers to develop achievable implementation release schedule.
- Support system configuration and data migration teams to ensure correct configuration and efficient migrations.
- Create technical and business solutions across all layers of a web application from the UI to the database and be able to innovate and create these solutions on the fly.
- Work as a team to achieve successful implementations by sharing tasks, mentorship and training other members of the solutions and development team.
- Assist with incorporating C-Track with other Thomson Reuters products where appropriate to maximize our solution offering to customers.
- Assist the Engagement Manager in managing client relationships and internally with the PMO team to ensure hydration of backlog and feature delivery.
- Participate and contribute to the delivery framework and internal development/engineering process.
- Participate in innovation programs and mentorship programs to develop skills that directly support the business goals of profitability and customer experience
- Participate in the business development process through review of technical RFP requirements and estimate implementation solutions and conducting demonstrations of the C-Track product suite to potential customers.
Scope & Impact
- Works in close collaboration with Engagement Delivery team including Engagement Managers, Business Application Consultants and other leadership in TRCMS
- Subject Matter Expert on several complex products, and with knowledge about all products within their area.
- Manage medium to high complexity projects with low level of supervision.
- Has People Management and Performance Management responsibilities.
- Provides coaching and mentorship to Solution Engineers who are part of their reporting structure.
- 5+ years of object-oriented development experience, Java strongly preferred
- 3+ years of MS SQL or PL/SQL development experience
- Git, Active MQ, Liquibase, Jira and Stash experience a plus.
- Experience in leading multiple large scale software implementations.
- Excellent communication (oral / written) skills and the ability to interact with multiple teams and customers in a diverse setting encompassing both technical and non-technical users.
- Must be willing to work independently and/or as part of a team in an energetic, team-oriented environment managing implementations of varying size/complexity with a fast turn-around time.
- Ability to apply innovation, creativity, and improvement to the C-Track implementation process and to be able to manage multiple priorities effectively.
- Must be willing to travel to customer locations both domestically and internationally.
- Must display calmness under pressure.
- Ability to understand contractual obligations and how they relate to software solutions.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com .
Media-Pennsylvania-United States of America