Lead Accountant, Enterprise Controllership
Posted on Nov 13, 2018 by Thomson Reuters
This Eagan-based role reports to the Senior Manager, Enterprise Controllership within the Accounting Organization. The successful candidate will provide accounting support to an evolving Enterprise Center (e. g. corporate, enabling functions) and other enterprise-wide activities.
Excels in executing operating mechanisms to deliver consistent, reliable service to our business. Contributes to thought leadership and influencing stakeholders. Demonstrates ability to connect business operations to accounting consequence and communicates those effects to stakeholders in terms they can understand.
Must have an Enterprise mindset and be controls focused - understanding how their function impacts Thomson Reuters our people and results. We do not operate in silos and contribute to initiatives across the Accounting Organization and our Company.
1. Ensure integrity in financial reporting - obtain assurance that costs are properly recorded, assets are recoverable, exposures have been adequately provided for and amounts are appropriately classified for financial reporting.
2. Accounting close and financial reporting
- Execute on time lines and deliverables, ensuring controllership, FP&A and other global accounting teams are aligned.
- Review functional area P&Ls, balance sheet and reconciliations. Develop account analysis to support understanding of results, financial position or cash flows. Prepare, review or approval accruals.
- Drive issue investigation and resolution.
- Contribute to consolidated financial reporting obligations (i.e. develop commentary and analysis in support of reporting to Consolidations & External Reporting team).
- Execute on SOX controls.
3. Develop accounting positions on relevant business transactions (e.g. vendor contract reviews, business transformation initiatives, etc.) under managerial guidance.
4. Leverage relationships with FP&A, legal entity controllers, Genpact and Consolidations & External Reporting.
1. Financial reporting deliverables and time lines are achieved
- Monthly, quarterly and year end
- Reporting package, including relevant financial review, analysis and due diligence
- SOX compliance and internal / external audit support
- Information requests from Consolidations & External Reporting and other stakeholders
2. Accounting estimates, judgments and policy, related decisions, implementation and stakeholder communications.
3. Effective internal control environment.
4. Behaviors aligned with Thomson Reuters values.
Skills and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance, with CPA
- 7+ years experience with track record of demonstrated abilities and accomplishments
- Practical experience in accounting operations and applying GAAP (under International Financial Reporting Standards IFRS preferred).
- Accounting and reporting systems acumen.
- Self-starter, with strong accountability mindset. Comfortable operating in an evolving business environment.
- Ability to work across boundaries, develop relationships and motivate others through the power of influence
- S trong written and presentation skills
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com .
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America