Internal Auditor II
Posted on Nov 11, 2018 by University of Massachusetts System Office
Primary Work Location:
333 South Street, Shrewsbury, MA
Normal Work Schedule:
Standard: Monday Friday 8:30am-5:00pm (or alternative schedule approved by supervisor).
Under the guidance of Internal Audit Management and senior auditors, the Auditor II supports Internal Audits goals by taking part in evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of the Universitys operations, compliance with policy and regulations, and systems of internal control. Assignments will include, but not be limited to, financial, operational, compliance and information technology audits. The Auditor II will be responsible for performing complex audits and other projects in accordance with The Institute of Internal Auditors Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and Code of Ethics (Standards), Internal Audit Policies and Procedures, and applicable regulations.
- Assist senior staff and management by performing research and preparing audit programs and testing requirements
- With guidance from senior staff and management, independently perform audit procedures, including interviews with University personnel, process walkthroughs, and tests of internal controls and compliance with applicable regulations, policies and procedures
- Follow-up on test exceptions to determine validity
- Analyze audit evidence and evaluate adequacy of controls
- Organize workpapers to support conclusions
- Draft audit observations, recommendations for improvement, audit reports and memos
- Follow-up on managements action plans
- Interact with administrators, faculty, and staff
- Keep abreast of institution policies and procedures, current developments in operations, regulations and auditing, as applicable
- Provide guidance to junior staff
- Ability to travel to the Universitys campuses and other locations on a regular basis
- Identify and assess controls
- Identify deviations from regulations, policy and procedures
- Strong analytical skills and inquisitive
- Think critically and exercise professional skepticism, judgement and discretion
- Efficiently execute research
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Effectively learn the business of higher education and become proficient with audit procedures and techniques via on the job training.
- Effectively communicate observations and conclusions to Internal Audit Management and auditee
- Excellent time management skill, possess the ability to effectively work on several assignments simultaneously
Perform special assignments and other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience):
- Two or more years of audit experience
- Bachelors degree in accounting or business
- Pursuing CIA, CPA, CFE or other relevant audit certification
- Have a working knowledge of the Standards
- Practically apply auditing methods, concepts and tools
- Proficiency in computer software such as Microsoft Office Suite, including Word and Excel
Preferred Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience):
- Attained CIA, CPA or other relevant certification
- Experience with electronic audit workpaper technology
- PeopleSoft experience
- ACL or other data mining experience
- Higher education experience
- Must be able to independently travel to all UMass campuses, the Boston central office and other University locations.
- Typical office environment.
- May require occasional hours on nights and weekends.
- This is a full time benefited position
- The salary range for this position is $55,000 -$70,000
- No relocation assistance provided
- Any job offer within the President's Office is specifically conditioned upon the potential candidate consenting to and successfully completing a background review, MVR check and a credit review.