Assistant/Associate Professor of Management (Human Resources Managemen
Posted on Nov 11, 2018 by University of Massachusetts Lowell
General Summary of Position:
The Management Department at the Robert J. Manning School of Business, University of Massachusetts Lowell is seeking a tenure-track experienced Assistant Professor or Associate Professor of Management with a specialization in Human Resources Management to engage in teaching, research and service.
The Manning School is continuously building instructional program offerings at all degree levels and seeks to further enhance the facultys high level of research productivity. The preferred research focus should include some combination of compensation, employee development, human capital, HR strategy, performance evaluation, retention, workforce diversity and workplace wellbeing.
In addition to a record exhibiting high quality scholarship, the successful applicant will have the opportunity to participate in the growth and delivery of the departments undergraduate Management concentration, M.B.A. Managerial Leadership track, and Ph.D. program in Leadership and Organizational Studies. While classes taught on-load are primarily on-campus, additional teaching opportunities exist, and are strongly encouraged, both online and, increasingly, abroad. Evidence of grant-related research funding is preferred. Faculty are encouraged to develop productive partnerships with other units of the University, industry and with colleagues from other institutions and countries.
Located 25 miles northwest of Boston, UMass Lowell has over 18,000 students and is one of the largest public universities in Massachusetts. The Manning School has over 3,000 undergraduate and graduate students and is accredited by the AACSB-International.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Doctorate in Management/Human Resources Management from an AACSB-International accredited business school completed by the time of application
- Evidence of ongoing high quality research and publication in the applicants areas of scholarly specialization
- A record of teaching effectiveness at the graduate and/or undergraduate levels
- Commitment to develop and sustain an externally funded research program
- Industrial, corporate or new venture experience
- Experience supervising and advising doctoral students
- Experience in teaching online or web-enhanced courses preferably using the Blackboard Learn course platform
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to speak and write English clearly
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Initial review of applications will begin September 1, 2018 and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please contact the University of Massachusetts Lowell Human Resources Department at for information regarding benefits and related employment matters or if you have any questions about the position.
Please include (1) a current curriculum vitae, (2) a cover letter detailing research interests and accomplishments; teaching interests, experience and philosophy; and professional background, (3) samples of recent publications and (4) evidence of teaching effectiveness (e.g., student course evaluations, department Chair reviews, teaching awards) with your application. Names and contact information for three references will be required at the time of application.