Facilities Management Business Operations Administrator
Posted on Nov 11, 2018 by University of Massachusetts Lowell
General Summary of Position:
The position will perform a wide variety of administrative and financial tasks and responsibilities. This individual will exercise discretion and independent judgment and act on behalf of Facilities Management in representing the best interest of the department in its day-to-day business.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Bachelors Degree and 3+ years of related procurement and/or accounts payable full time experience; or
- Associates Degree in Business, Finance or Accounting (or similar) and 5+ years of related procurement and/or accounts payable full time experience
- HS Diploma or GED/equivalent and 10+ years of related full time procurement and/or accounts payable experience
- Experience in procurement and/or accounts payable principles, theories and processes
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, reporting skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively and accurately transact large amounts of data
- Demonstrated ability to meet goals and deadlines
- Excellent verbal, written communication & presentation skills
- Ability to prepare reports and maintain accurate records of all budget related materials
- Ability to plan, organize and complete assigned responsibilities in an efficient and thorough manner
- Ability to work effectively and communicate successfully with professional, clerical, maintenance, student, and contracted personnel
- Demonstrated integrity, initiative, dependability, openness, teamwork, and a positive attitude
- Extensive professional experience in accounting, procurement or budgetary control
- Proven knowledge and ability to use PeopleSoft and Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with RFP and contract services
- Knowledge of contract guidelines
- Prior University/Higher Education or similar institutional experience
- MCPPO Certification or experience with MA Procurement Laws
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only Internal Professional (SEIU 888 Professional Union) Bargaining candidates will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required at the time of application.