CDL Bus Drivers (part-time/temporary)
Posted on Nov 11, 2018 by University of Massachusetts Lowell
General Summary of Position:
Part-time Bus Drivers are temporary, non-benefited, non-unit positions. Reporting to the Shift Supervisors will act as customer service representatives and drive University shuttle buses on designated routes transporting community members between various locations on campus.
Transportation drivers will be a source of information for parking and transportation related questions. In addition to driving responsibilities, employees will be cross-trained in other areas of the department, including office assistant work, parking and transportation dispatching. Proper filing of this paperwork will also be required.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- High School Diploma or GED/equivalent
- Ability to pass a defensive driving course
- Valid CDL Driving License with Passenger Endorsement
- Ability to obtain/maintain a DOT Health Card
- Clean driving record
- Clean CORI Background check
- Passing Pre-Employment and Random Drug Testing
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Past experience working in Higher Education
- Experience driving in a school atmosphere
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This is a part-time, non-unit, non-benefited position.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applicants are received.
Please include a resume with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required at the time of application. Submission of a cover letter is optional.