University Police Officer - Academy Trained (Multiple Positions)
Posted on Nov 11, 2018 by University of Massachusetts Lowell
General Summary of Position:
The University of Massachusetts Lowell Police Department is a full-service police agency that serves the University Community and operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week. University Police Officers perform a full range of police duties to insure the safety and security of the University community and property.
Applicants of this position must have successfully completed a full-time MPTC Academy or be able to obtain an Advisory letter from the MPTC, (SSPO part-time NERPI do not qualify) or be currently enrolled in a full time MPTC qualified academy.
Women and underrepresented minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, 21 years of age or older.
- Must have successfully completed a full-time MPTC Academy or equivalent or be currently enrolled in a full time MPTC qualified academy.
- Must have Class A LTC Firearms License or the ability to obtain one. Must possess a valid drivers license.
- Bilingual preferred
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Required: Must pass a screening process that includes a background investigation, oral interview, physical fitness test, psychological exam, medical and drug exam
- Certified candidates are expected to fulfill 1 year of service. If an employee fails to fulfill their required year he/she will be required to reimburse the University for their costs (not including the employees salary).
Only internal International Teamsters Union Local 25 Bargaining candidates will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required at the time of application.
Posting updated 4/27/18.