Technical Program Manager Computer Science/Electrical Engineering
Posted on Nov 11, 2018 by University of Massachusetts Lowell
General Summary of Position:
The Office of Strategic Alliances and Industry Partnerships provides a centralized and coordinated structure for engagements with industry across the UML community. The Technical Program manager will focus on industry engagements with UML in high tech areas including software, robotics, cybersecurity, semiconductor technologies, and IoT applications.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Master of Science in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or related field
- Five or more years experience working in an industry setting specializing in high tech, computer software/hardware, and/or robotics-related sectors
- Strong leadership qualities
- Proven track record in managing complex Research & Development and product development initiatives
- Project management experience along with excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Previous business development experience preferred
- Independent and self-motivated, entrepreneurial spirit
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only current UML Employees within the Grants & Contracts (MTA/GRACE) bargaining unit will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required at the time of application.