Engineering Manager, Security
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by Etsy
Engineering Manager, Security
New York, NY
Engineering - Security Engineering
Etsy Security seeks an experienced penetration tester to lead its offensive security (aka magenta team aka security evaluation etc.) practice. This team is responsible for identifying sources of risk across all of Etsy, working with the rest of the security team to prioritize fixes and mitigations, working with teams throughout Etsy to remediate the issues, and working with the security monitoring team to put detective controls and IR runbooks in place. This is a role combines IC work, project leadership, and management. You will work with your team, the head of the Security Research & Operations team, and the entire security team to define offensive security priorities and to carry them out.
What's it like working at Etsy? "Keep commerce human" exhorts our Mission, and this focus on personal connection pervades the company. Cross pollination within Security, and throughout Engineering as a whole, facilitates innovation on the very vanguard of our field. You'll be collaborating with peers who prize intellectual rigor, ingenuity, and experimentation as paramount, in an environment that affords a rich benefits package and ample career growth. If this portrait appeals to you, we would love to speak further about your future on Etsy Security.
This is a full-time role located in Brooklyn, NY.
About the Role
- Lead red team efforts, including network and application testing, social engineering, and osint. These efforts will be both internally-led and through external vendors.
- Contribute to threat modeling, attack detection, and incident response initiatives.
- Help build out Etsy's offensive security team, and manage some of the team members.
- Work with system owners to put into place business appropriate remediations to vulnerabilities
- 3+ years' experience in penetration testing ore related activities, including at least network and application security experience.
- Some personnel management experience.
- Desire and ability to work in a collaborative context across many teams.
- Ability to think about threat and risk in the context of an organization's business goals.
- Cloud experience a plus
Interested in working with us? Send us a cover letter and your resume explaining why you'd be great for the job. We value your unique talents and point of view, so feel free to tell us what you are all about. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you're proud of, we'd love to hear about it.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.