C# Developer/.NET Web Developer - Hybrid WFH (up to £40k DOE)
Posted on Jun 4, 2022 by JobServe Ltd
C# Developer/.NET Web Developer - Hybrid WFH
Salary up to £40k DOE plus monthly profit related bonus
We're looking for a passionate developer to join the Aspire Media Group (AMG) Development team. Our team supports a portfolio of businesses ranging from global online recruitment services to a local football club.
If you have commercial Microsoft .NET experience as well as initiative, drive and the team spirit to make a big difference in a small team then we want to hear from you.
- Min 1 year experience with web technologies working within an IT Team
- Programming experience with C# or any other .NET language
- Strong team player with good communication skills
- Meticulous eye for detail
- Passionate about learning to build knowledge and expertise
- Uses initiative to gain knowledge through self-learning or team expertise
- Loves to analyse and solve problems
- Writes clean, reusable code that is easy to read and test
- Angular JS
- ASP.NET or MVC web architectures
- Web API
- MS SQL Server
- Big picture focus/vision
- Business sense
- Creative and persistent problem solver
- Invests and take ownership of work
We use an agile development approach, allowing us to respond quickly and deliver high-quality business focused technology solutions.
Lead by the entrepreneurial/innovative spirit of the business owner, who favours technical solutions to solve business challenges, promotes a culture focused on developing solutions with autonomy and no red tape! Our in-house infrastructure team further supports this ethos by working closely with development to achieve desired outcomes.
The role involves collaborating with the team to analyse, design and develop technology to meet challenging business requirements. Our goal is to convert big ideas into simple effective solutions to go to market quick and test the results.
We work on a wide variety of projects supporting the AMG group of companies that include making improvements/releasing new features to existing websites, applications and systems to web service APIs, data feeds, integrations, and new technology. This means the projects you work can vary from purely Front End or Back End in nature to full stack. You may work on a team project or independently depending on the scope of the project, with twice weekly stand-up meetings where each member of the team provides an update on progress, shares knowledge and/or obstacles for team support or direction. We are a nice bunch eager to share and assist.
The overall aim is to develop everyone's technical skills and business knowledge, independent of their own levels of experience, to build a strong team to create and support technology in all areas of the businesses. There is a huge amount of technical skill and knowledge within the team and the team is encouraged to collaborate and learn from each other.
Who we are
Aspire Media Group (AMG) has a portfolio of businesses ranging from global online recruitment services to a local football club.
Its story began in the early 1990s with the first online job board in the world that continues to be an innovator in the industry operating globally with offices in the UK, USA, Canada and Australia.
In addition to the group's global presence, it has a strong commitment to its roots in Essex, UK, with ownership of the Colchester United Football Club and Academy as well as local housing, events and services.
Our team is responsible for all technology across the group with a focus on key businesses:
- JobServe an established online global Job Board for over 25 years delivering millions of job applications to its customers every year
- Jobg8 the world's largest global Job Board network providing an advanced service to the recruitment industry
- Colchester United FC a local football club with advanced bespoke systems that run ticketing, turnstiles, and other products such as food ordering and stadium events
What we offer
- Competitive salary up to £40k DOE plus monthly profit related bonus scheme
- Structured career progression and advancement
- Hybrid working with 3 days in the Tiptree office and 2 days at home remotely
- Supports work/life balance with 40 hour weeks and no expectation of working overtime
- Spacious office area in our own building with free parking
Where we are
Our UK head office is set in the countryside with free on-site parking and close to the village of Tiptree with plenty of facilities including coffee shops, supermarkets, and other local amenities.