Cyber Security Contractor
Posted on Jun 3, 2022 by Request Technology
*We are unable to sponsor as this is a permanent full time role*
A prestigious company is on the search for a Cyber Security Contractor. This is a fully remote contract. This contractor must have experience with Network security protocols, perimeter security tools, IAM controls, endpoint management, Azure cloud experience, risk assessments, etc.
- Contributes to a team that ensures the security of enterprise data and systems by developing enterprise information security solutions.
- Creates and updates a view of IT assets, related attack surfaces, and threat actors to illustrate the flow of data and associated security threats.
- Research, designs, and develops new enterprise technologies, architectures, and security products that will support security requirements for the enterprise and its customers, business partners, and vendors.
- Serves as a security expert in one or more of application development, database design, network, and/or platform (operating system) efforts, helping project teams comply with enterprise and IT security policies, industry regulations, and best practices.
- Analyzes business impact and exposure based on emerging security threats, vulnerabilities, and risks and contributes to the development and maintenance of information security architecture.
- Engages with security specialists and other functional area architects to ensure adequate enterprise security solutions are in place to sufficiently mitigate identified risks, and to meet business objectives and regulatory requirements.
- Serves as a cybersecurity subject matter expert, assessing the business impact of cybersecurity risks to the enterprise and identifying options and recommendations for mitigating those risks.
- Serves as an expert in one or more of platform, application, storage, network, virtualization, cloud, and mobile security best practices.
- Strong knowledge of network security protocols, best practices, and perimeter security tools
- Strong knowledge of identity and access management controls, including SAML and OAUTH/OIDC based authentication, Active Directory, and role mapping
- Understanding of common security control solutions for event logging, remote access, endpoint management, and mobile device management
- Understanding of common data protection technologies such as cryptography, tokenization, and hashing
- Understanding of Azure native security services and best practices
- Strong knowledge of threat modelling and risk assessment technologies or frameworks