File Transfer System Engineer - IBM Sterling Connect Direct + IBM Connect Express +Ansible/Tower: BA
Posted on Jun 3, 2022 by Appella Recruitment
File Transfer System Engineer - IBM Sterling Connect Direct + IBM Connect Express +Ansible/Tower: BANKING WITH REMOTEWORKING
Group Technology Services (GTS) plans, builds and runs the global infrastructure in the bank and is additionally responsible for the IT service management to the operating entities of the various Group markets. GTS operates its IT systems and IT services in such a way that, at an appropriate and benchmarked cost level, it can deliver the agreed levels of service to support the requirements of the business processes, for both normal operations and during disaster recovery.
The position sits in GTS, within the File Transfer Services squad. Our scope is to manage technology services related to File Transfer and Integration platforms.
Your role is to:
- Manage deployment and maintenance of File Transfer software on Linux and Windows.
- Contribute to the application design and FT configuration deployment on Linux and Windows plus IBM Mainframe and Tandem NSK
- Support FT service across all environments (from test to production)
- Join our 3rd level support rotation to support our services during daylight and overnight
- Contribute to the improvement of Euroclear implementation of File Transfer services
- Support your peers through coaching and knowledge sharing
You will also be connected with the other technology and services offered by the Squad. That domain is vast in term of amount of technology involved. You will be evolving in an environment with complexity and variability. Yet your focus will be around File Transfer.
Soft Skills required
We are looking for people with:
- A strong appetite to learn and share expertise with peers both within the squad and consumers of File Transfer services - being teams in charge of application development, testing and IT operations
- Capabilities to deal with uncertainty, complexity and looking how current procedures and processes can be improved within the domain
- A client and results oriented mindset with strong focus on quality. You will takes ownership on actions to resolve conflicts with appropriate level of support from peers and/or management
- You have a sufficient level of English to work in IT
- You have been working in squads running Agile/Scrum.
Technical Skills required
- Above 5 years of experience in managing and supporting File Transfer, more specifically with IBM Sterling Connect Direct and IBM Connect Express
- You would have, as additional skills, some expertise with IBM Sterling B2B Integrator/File Gateway/Secure Poxy/Control Center
- Proven knowledge and expertise in managing Middleware running under Linux and Windows platforms
- Expertise in Scripting languages used with Ansible/Tower
- You are familiar with security concerns, networking, system availability and performance