(OCR) Optical Character Recognition Sofware Engineer
Posted on Jun 3, 2022 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
One Year Contract to Hire
Senior Software Engineer - OCR
Looking for an Engineer who Builds configures customizes and supports products. 7+ years designing and developing high performance and secure applications. Experience with Optical Character Recognition (OCR) FIS FormWorks Mavro OPEX impira etc. experience in OCR editor configuration and batch support experience in 834 EDI file format and processing
The Senior Software Engineer will help Enhance and support the Formworks application. Along with writing effective code, the position will be responsible for designing, building, delivering and maintaining a highly scalable functionality in Formworks application. The incumbent will use industry best practices and work collaboratively with cross-functional team of product managers, UX designers, architects, principal engineers, software engineers, test automation team and DevOPS engineers.
- Builds, configures, customizes and supports products that provide innovative solutions to challenging business use cases, existing system and operational problems.
- Key contributor to an engineering team that builds and supports exceptional products that provide innovative solutions to challenging business use cases, existing system and operational problems.
- Leads architectural design, system analysis, and programming activities on application software; this may often require independent research and study.
- Leads teams that develop high-quality and production-ready software by using best-practice data structures, algorithms, design patterns, and frameworks that are maintainable, scalable, responsive, and secure.
- Champions writing highest quality code with utmost attention to scalability, security and performance and with an end-to-end mindset from conception to delivery and production support, owning specifications, quality, release deployments and monitoring of production health.
- Produces complete, simple, and readable technical documentation for everything developed and creates a team culture of documenting everything.
- Drives code-reviews, provides technical guidance and mentors software engineers.
- Collaborates closely with Engineering leadership, Product Managers, Designers, QA and other teams and business units to define, prioritize, sequence and scope business and functional requirements and drive results.
- Degree in Computer Science and/or equivalent technical education and experience.
- Minimum seven years of experience designing and developing high performing and secure Applications.
- Experience with Optical Character Recognition (OCR), ie. FIS FormWorks, Mavro, OPEX, impira, etc.
- Expertise in OCR editor configuration and batch support.
- Expertise in 834 EDI file format and processing.
- Knowledge of current trends and best practices enabling sound technology choices and strategic decisions.
- Spearheads the development of innovative approaches to detect, respond to, and eradicate tech debt, anti-patterns and advance threats.
- Ability to research and apply innovative methodologies, latest industry trends, design patterns.
- Recognizes underlying problems, opportunities, or the political forces affecting the organization.
- Subject matter expert responsible for sharing expertise and insight with other engineers.
- Identifies significant internal and external stakeholders and builds partnerships as part of an influencing strategy.
- Demonstrates mastery in their area of expertise and are recognized as an authority on it by their peers and leaders.
- Evaluates and generates options that scan the entire spectrum of software reliability, ease of adoption, scalability, operational ease, and skill set availability.
- Mentors and champions cultural as well as process change.
- Knowledge of agile development methodologies.
- Ability to develop and maintain key vendor relationships.
- Life-long learner, process improver.
- Experience with Optical Character Recognition (OCR), ie. FIS FormWorks, Mavro, OPEX, impira, etc