Posted on Jun 2, 2022 by WDS Global Limited
Job Title: Linux Engineer
Job Type: Contract
Job Location: Brussels
Contract Rate: Euro 450 per day
Contract Length: 12 Months with extensions
Our Client, one of the world's foremost IT Consultancies, is looking to recruit a Contract Linux Engineer to join their client in Brussels.
European level B1/B2 in French and English
Higher education or equivalent overall experience
He/She will be responsible to:
- Maintain the Linux infrastructure.
- Acknowledge, troubleshoot and resolve tickets assigned to the team in a correct way.
- Escalate incidents internally or to 3rd party partners when required.
- Participate, on a punctual basis, on specific projects related to his/her specialty.
- Maintains and adapts the infrastructure (Linux server, Linux workstation, Azure);
- Manage, coordinate, and implement software upgrades , patches, hot fixes on servers,
- Linux Infrastructure: L2 Incident resolution, Problem resolution;
- Troubleshooting, co-ordination with third party suppliers as well as with the central IT department of the customer;
- Advises the project team and customer request;
- Proactively monitoring system performance and capacity planning;
- Maintains the relevant documents/manuals describing the system and its infrastructure;
- Could participate in standby 7x24;
- Provides input for Incidents/Problems/Defects post closure analysis to the Incident/Problem Manager and/or the Technical Team Leader;
- Provides input in order to organize regular knowledge transfer sessions.
This is a great role for the right candidate, so if you meet all the criteria above, then APPLY TODAY!