Peer Support Specialist (Counseling/Therapy #)
Posted on Nov 26, 2018 by Correct Care Solutions, LLC
Correct Care Recovery Solutions (CCRS) has partnered with the Massachusetts Department of Corrections to comprehensively manage and provide medical and mental health care, forensic mental health evaluation and treatment, substance abuse treatment and dental services to patients at Bridgewater State Hospital. CCRS is seeking qualified professionals to be part of this innovative program that will deliver care in accordance with a person-centered, trauma-informed recovery/resiliency philosophy. CCRS' overall goal is to improve patients' levels of functioning and wellness for a successful recovery and discharge from the hospital. CCRS has several exciting employment opportunities based at Bridgewater State Hospital for individuals to work alongside visionary leaders committed to improving public health. When you work at a CCRS facility, you have an opportunity to make a difference every single day.ass="iCIMS_InfoMsg iCIMS_InfoField_Job">Overview
Our Peer Support Specialist interacts with patients and staff to promote a therapeutic environment for patients. Meets with patients individually and in groups and assists in the resolution of patient complaints. Conducts patient education groups; attends treatment team meetings as requested to relay insights gathered about patients; and assists in completing patient de-escalation preferences, patient rights education, and patient satisfaction interviews.ass="iCIMS_InfoMsg iCIMS_InfoField_Job">Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experiential understanding of mental illness.
- Eligible to be certified as a Peer Support Specialist.
- Meets with patients during their admission process and interviews them to help them determine calming strategies, triggers, and warning signs. He/she uses this information to assist the patient in completion of the Personal Safety Plan.
- Gives the patients a copy of the Patients' Rights and Responsibilities and explains their rights and responsibilities. Offers patients an awareness of the types of programs and services available to them. Ensures patients sign the acknowledgment form indicating they received the Patients' Rights and Responsibilities document and places the signed form in patients' clinical records.
- Assists in completing patient satisfaction surveys. Ensures the leadership receives the completed surveys.
- Meets privately with patients that register complaints. Gathers as much detail from the patients about their complaints and gives the information to leadership. Follows up with patients to find out if they are satisfied with the actions that were taken to address their complaints and keeps leadership informed.
- Conducts peer support activities and support groups.
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.