Senior Trading Systems Engineer
Posted on Jun 2, 2022 by Request Technology
*We are unable to sponsor as this is a permanent full time role*
A prestigious financial trading company is on the search for a Senior Trade Systems Engineer. This engineer must have strong C++ and trading industry development experience. They will work with market data, order entry, internal systems, APIs. They will work with market protocols like FIX, JBE, etc.
- Write robust code and APIs to support existing systems and internal clients.
- Deliver testable code using unit testing frameworks.
- Actively participate in code reviews both by adapting to constructive feedback and providing the same to peer developers.
- Identify and propose changes to augment the stability and reliability of the core trading framework.
- Provide quick response to production issues to help eliminate down time ensuring high availability.
- Understand and evolve the build/distribution pipeline using Gerrit/Jenkins.
- Bachelors/Masters (preferred) in Computer Science or related field.
- Significant experience developing trading systems using modern C++/Python.
- In-depth understanding of networking protocols and experience programming with low-level sockets APIs.
- Experience with low latency, lock-free development and design.
- Experience working with order protocols and market data (eg FIX, SBE, etc.).
- Multithreading and concurrency experience.
- Experience building Real Time Linux systems.
- Experience with various financial asset classes including derivatives.