Infrastructure Monitoring Engineer
Posted on Jun 2, 2022 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Financial Company is currently seeking a Infrastructure Monitoring Engineer. Candidate will provide subject matter expertise for implementation and ongoing support of enterprise monitoring integration technologies in production and non-production environments.
- Install, configure and maintain software components classified as enterprise monitoring on multiple operating system platforms.
- Write automation scripts using common automation tools
- Interface with 3rd party applications using API's.
- Design and develop enterprise monitoring solutions for cloud environments
- Design and develop enterprise monitoring solutions for microservices technologies
- Resolve complex support issues in both production and non-production environments.
- Advise on industry best practices as it relates to new product selection.
- Provide subject matter expertise on enterprise monitoring technologies, to maintain the appropriate phase of their life cycle.
- Configure production, development and testing environments and ensure availability of these application services.
- Prepare management reports including service metrics.
- Participates in or leads projects of medium to high complexity.
- Use subject matter expertise with products to advise on design and assist with development of applications using these tools.
- Provide performance tuning of components and services.
- Design disaster recovery solutions for enterprise monitoring technologies to comply with business continuity objectives.
- Resolve configuration-related problems.
- Manage day to day activities of the enterprise monitoring staff when called upon to do so.
- Systems administration and change management practices
- Enterprise Monitoring and reporting tools
- Experience Scripting and coding against API's.
- Solid understanding of network technologies
- Experience with cloud native applications
- Experience with technologies used to support microservices
- File transfer protocols including SFTP
- Encryption technologies (SSL/TLS, PKI Infrastructure management)
- Solid understanding of security controls as applied to software technologies.
- Bachelor's degree in a related area
- 7-10 years of related experience
- Minimum 7 years experience working in a distributed multi-platform environment.
- Minimum 3 supporting enterprise monitoring technologies
- Cloud Certification a plus
Flexibility to be on call from 5 PM to 7 AM for 3 months per year.