Senior Software Automation Engineer
Posted on Jun 2, 2022 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*We are unable to sponsor for this permanent Full time role*
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Enterprise Company is currently seeking a Senior Software Automation Engineer. Candidate will join a team responsible for Enterprise Logging & Monitoring services with the help of various COTS products that we administer, maintain, and operate.
- Engineer automation and orchestration designs to help provide seam-less and highly available solutions
- Development, planning and execution of multiple automation and application development projects.
- The automation team within the ELM develops automation use cases for the engineering and administration of the tools.
- Some of the use cases include: Reconciliation of the data with CMDB, automated deployment and upgrades, automated password changes, automated configuration changes and deployment, integration within the tools using APIs.
- Automate use cases for customers to make the monitoring services more self-serviced.
- Create and maintain a web-app for providing monitoring self-service options for customers and partners of the logging and monitoring services.
- Identify and drive service enhancement opportunities through automation and development.
- Embrace and foster DevOps and agile best practices for delivering solutions.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems or equivalent field
- At least 5+ years for experience working in a similar role delivering automation solutions using Java, Python or other languages.
- Strong experience on developing and building DevOps workflows for a Tools team.
- At least 2 years RESTful API s, Microservices and System to System API development experience.
- AWS, CI/CD, Jenkins, DevOps Process (GI, Jenkins, Terraform, Cloud Formation, AWS resources).
- Proven experience in emerging and innovative technologies such as: Spark, Scala/Java/Python, Python, REST, JSON, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Jenkins/Maven, Ansible and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few.
- Strong experience with monitoring on AWS cloud with CloudWatch, cloud trail, Kinesis/Kinesis Firehose and other AWS services such as EC2, S3, ELB, IAM, VPC.
- Understanding of container platforms such as Docker, Kubernetes and ways to monitoring them on AWS using Prometheus, Grafana and other open-source tools such as ELK.
- Strong experience of Linux with Scripting knowledge.