Senior Trading Systems Engineer REMOTE
Posted on Jun 2, 2022 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*We are unable to sponsor for this permanent Full time role*
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Global Trading Company is currently seeking a Senior Trading Systems Engineer. Candidate will collaborate with the core team of trading system developers to enhance our existing trading software; design, develop, test and support order entry, market data, execution and various other internal systems; focus on efficiency, throughput, reliability and low latency as the core aspects of the software system, which is built in-house and constantly strive to improve upon these areas.
Experience and Skills
- Write robust code and APIs to support existing systems and internal clients.
- Deliver testable code using unit testing frameworks.
- Actively participate in code reviews both by adapting to constructive feedback and providing the same to peer developers.
- Identify and propose changes to augment the stability and reliability of the core trading framework.
- Provide quick response to production issues to help eliminate down time ensuring high availability.
- Understand and evolve the build/distribution pipeline using Gerrit/Jenkins.
- Mentor and advise teammates to ensure new features are efficient, tested, and fault tolerant.
- Bachelors/Masters (preferred) in Computer Science or related field.
- Significant experience developing trading systems using modern C++/Python.
- In-depth understanding of networking protocols and experience programming with low-level sockets APIs.
- Experience with low latency, lock-free development and design.
- Experience working with order protocols and market data (eg FIX, SBE, etc).
- Multithreading and concurrency experience.
- Experience building Real Time Linux systems.
- Experience with various financial asset classes including derivatives.