Simulation Team Leader
Posted on Jun 1, 2022 by Bluestream Recruitment
Are you an experienced Simulation Engineer with experience of working on software development in the space industry?
We are looking for an experienced Simulation Engineer who wants to take the next step up in his/her career or an experienced team leader looking for a new challenge.
As Lead Simulation Engineer will provide technical leadership of the development of simulators as well as team leadership through coaching, mentoring and by-example, and also be responsible for:
- Leading the Simulators team - in charge of design, development, integration, validation, deployment and ongoing maintenance of satellite simulators
- Ensuring the simulators are developed to the required level of quality and on time
- Motivating and developing the Simulators team members, mentoring junior engineers and establish a strong sense of team identity
- Acting as interface and Subject Matter Expert for all technical aspects regarding simulators development
- Overseeing the design and development of Simulators
For the Lead Simulation Engineer you will need to:
- Be educated to BSc or MSc or equivalent in Computer Science, Electronics, Telecommunications, or another relevant engineering discipline
- Have considerable industry experience in modelling and simulation of digital electronics (processors, memory, FPGA) and interfaces/buses (CANBus, RS422, RS485, SpaceWire)
- Have previous industry experience in software development using C/C++ , real-time software development, preferably using modelling and simulation technologies
- Have experience in leading a team, either in a project or managerial capacity
- Have experience with SMP2 and SIMULUS Suite and/or other spacecraft simulation frameworks
- Have experience with an emulation suite, preferably ESOC Emulator Suite or TEMU
- Have experience in debugging and validating spacecraft onboard data handling subsystem
- Have experience in debugging, profiling on Linux
- Have good knowledge of modern C++ (C+); and object oriented design using UML, design patterns
Our client is a rapidly expanding innovative and pioneering global organisation making a significant impact in on space industry. They are a people focused business who can offer you the opportunity to develop your career in space further. As Lead Simulation Engineer you will be part of a supportive and passionate international team, and be rewarded with a very competitive salary and fabulous range of benefits.
Simulation | SIMULUS | Simulation Engineer | Modelling & Simulation | Simulation Technologies | Real-time software | SMP2 | C++ | FPGA | Electronics | UML | Object Orientated | Linux | Spacecraft data validation
Bluestream Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer and operates as an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and as an Employment Business for temporary / contract recruitment.