Life Cycle Analyst
Posted on Jun 1, 2022 by Lewis Davey
This is an exciting opportunity to take a central role in a growing Sustainability and Building Performance Team, to contribute to their commitment to help tackle the climate and biodiversity emergency and to drive our own operations to zero carbon. This role involves leading aspects of this work, primarily their Life Cycle Analyses', and communicating outputs with our architects, clients and beyond. The Sustainability and Building Performance Team is an integral part of the practice's design process.
• Preparation of Life Cycle Assessments using industry standard software and bespoke tools.
• Supporting the development of sustainability related submissions to inform compliances eg Circular Economy statements.
• Work alongside our architectural and consultant teams to help develop sustainable, low carbon and regenerative architecture.
• Input into sustainability and building performance research and development.
• Dissemination of knowledge throughout the practice and wider industry through graphic, written and verbal communication, including participation in CPD events.
• Demonstrable expertise in Life Cycle Analysis of large scale and mixed-use buildings.
• Ability to communicate Life Cycle Analysis outputs in a variety of media for diverse audiences
• BREEAM Assessor, LEED or other equivalent would be advantageous.
• Wide knowledge of sustainability issues facing the UK and international design and construction industries.
• A post graduate degree in Architectural Engineering, Environmental Design or similar is an advantage.
• Ability to work and communicate with a wide range of people
• Excellent written, verbal and graphic communication skills.
• Ability to work independently, using own initiative.
• A willingness to tackle a variety of tasks and learn new skills.
• Highly motivated with an ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines