Director - Client Data Services
Posted on Jun 1, 2022 by Lewis Davey
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Client Services Director who's passionate about making a difference.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 15+ years' experience leading and managing client services and sales operations preferably across professional, data and software services. The successful candidate will be a key senior figure in our clients growing business, with accountability for the successful management of large clients and their supply chains.
You will be enjoy teams to manage large, complex programmes over a number of years to support clients with their long-term sustainability goals. You will be managing teams to varying deadlines, deliverables, KPIs and across multiple sectors. Commercially minded, you will have an eye for detail and the ability to visualise solutions to client challenges.
- Passionate - for the company's mission
- Self-Starter - ability to execute and implement change
- Highly-Energetic personality - a motivator
- Leadership - easily move others to action by planning, motivating, organizing & controlling work product
- Data-Driven, Critical Thinking - strategic and highly analytical detail-orientated operator who rolls their sleeves up and holds others to own high standards
- Goal-Oriented - naturally motivated to reach goals
- Interpersonal/Communication Skills - an innate ability to channel different points of view; Able to establish and maintain excellent relationships and credibility quickly; Create team atmosphere; able to bring the Board's vision to the wider business and engage the workforce in an articulate, charismatic way
- Maturity - provide a good balance of risk taking and judgment; able to operate independently of a large staff
- Professional - unquestionable integrity, credibility, & character; demonstrates high ethical behaviour.
- Strong execution and organisation skills, and sense of urgency to shape and deliver future goals
- Strong leader providing clear direction and objectives, and proactively managing performance to KPIs
- A genuine team playerwith a strong sense of personal responsibility
- A proactive self-starter who is self-assured and strong in their convictions, a lateral thinker and problem solver with high energy levels and a strong work ethic
- Energetic, challenge-seeking, and keen to drive the business forward
- Experience working in both entrepreneurial growth environments and established companies of comparable or greater scale and complexity to the business
- Experience in businesses where delivery is driven by technology, services and data
- Demonstrable track record of building and enabling high-performance businesses
- Experienced in leading, developing and managing a support team within a client services environment to meet business goals, objectives and KPIs
- Experience leading client services or managed services function in a SaaS, PaaS, Internet Service Provider or Managed Service business.
- Follow up on and take responsibility for unresolved issues or escalations
- Experience of driving change initiatives in a service environment
- Experienced and conversant in Service Level Agreements and Operational Schedules
- Able to identify Business Development opportunities
- Able to develop effective relationships internally at a variety of levels and work closely with commercial departments such as sales and product management
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience improving and developing the knowledge & skills of others
- Able to work on own initiative to develop the team
- Excited and knowledgeable about the application of emerging technologies and the potential value to the team and the business
- This role will act as an integral part of the executive team and provide strategic and operational leadership, management and oversight across the business
- Working with sector leads, product management, and members of the EMT to develop and deliver Platform and Data Services across all sectors
- Defining and owning the client services vision for the company and specific product offerings
- Develop and grow a new service excellence culture, processes and standardised engagement, onboarding, and data service experience for internal and external clients and their value chain (whether data or platform or other central service offerings)
- Manage a support team to provide first class post-sales support. Have clear career plans for existing team members and fill management gaps by building and training individuals and teams in service excellence, client retention and process automation.
- Develop clear QA process that sits within this team
- Provide input into the pre-sales process and act as a lead on support and service issues, strategy and approach
- Set clear objectives, evaluate progress and instill a high-performance culture with focus on teamwork, service excellence and ownership for resolving customer issues
- Set-up, manage and improve standards and procedures within the team. Ensure high quality, up-to-date documentation exists for all service arrangements
- Ensure working practices are well defined and operational, seeking to develop technology offering to automate and improve efficiency as much as possible.
- Manage the team and individual performance, technical and skills development
- Encourage open communication between team members, suggesting and driving forward ideas about how the team can work more effectively together
- Cascade business objectives and targets to the team
- Review daily priorities and take appropriate action to ensure results are achieved
- Remain aware of new product developments in the area of sustainability data and sustainability/ESG platforms providing input and tactical direction to the business on customer service and support challenges
- Liaison with the internal functions including sales, delivery, marketing, product management, development and other service functions
- Ensure test processes are maintained to agreed standards and all relevant testing is documented
- Lead on the company service strategy
Driving profitable growth:
- Driving the execution of business plans and objectives to deliver on the company's organic growth plans
- Create a can-do culture of assisting and supporting clients to deliver service excellence at all opportunities
- Own the operational data requirements for all internal clients (product owners) and external clients
Driving enterprise value:
- Support the transformation of the business into a global data-driven, tech-enabled professional services business calculating and reducing carbon exposure for corporates and SMEs.
- Build an outcome-focused organisation supported by best-in class scalable processes and systems, enabling the business to achieve its significant growth targets.
- Partner with EMT and DMT to build the next generation of leaders, as well as identifying critical talent gaps and recruiting new management as necessary.
- Define clear lines of authority and accountability supported by key functional targets and KPIs and drive profitability through customer loyalty, retention and satisfaction.
- Work with EMT to drive a scalable performance-based culture, and will play a critical role in setting objectives and building an exceptional team to develop a world-class organization
- Standardize and automate data flows and processes to move to fully functional 'centralised data managed service' model with client and sector agnostic resourcing model
Please apply today or get in touch if you would like to know more
Please note that we will endeavour to review your application within two weeks and, if there is interest in your candidacy, a Consultant will be in touch. Unfortunately, due to the significant amount of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback so if you have not heard from us within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest.
Lewis Davey specialise in recruiting talented people across Town Planning, Cleantech & Sustainability and Environmental industries.