Sustainbility Managing Director
Posted on Jun 1, 2022 by Lewis Davey
Lewis Davey is proud to represent our client in their search for a Managing Director of Consulting Services. As the drive for Net Zero continues our client is constantly pushing the bounderies to be market leader in helping business's play its part to build a Net zero world.
Our clients team of sustainability strategy, software engineers, data scientists and engineers have designed a unique purpose-driven culture with a pure focus on delivering excellence for their clients
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced, driven individual to help grow and drive the consulting team. As a member of the Executive Management team, you will be a passionate leader and an effective communicator. You will have proven your ability to influence change within a company to deliver their purpose of helping business play its part in building a zero-carbon world.
With the ability to navigate the boardroom with ease, you will have C-Suite/board level experience of creating client buy-in and enthusiasm for the corporate-wide change programmes necessary for large and complex global organisations to embark on an ambitious net zero journey.
You will be able to enthusiastically communicate the global business changes that are already happening, which are dominated by consumer, societal, government and investor trust and confidence in business to be doing the right thing by their customers, their staff and our planet.
You will be a senior leader within the consulting team, responsible for ensuring that Carbon Intelligence is the best in the market and recognised leaders in the space of Net Zero, carbon reduction and reporting programmes, driving impact in partnership with thier clients.
The role requires an experienced and tenured Net Zero and carbon reduction specialist that will provide advice to complex global companies, helping clients to implement and deliver ambitious Net Zero strategies. This will include the development of their services to meet evolving client and regulatory requirements, working across their service lines to bring multiple skilled resources to meet our client's needs.
Key responsibilities for this role are:
- Leading programmes with complex clients to build and implement ambitious sustainability strategies that enable clients to transition to net zero.
- Support industry engagement with key partners and participate in thought leadership engagement and webinars.
- Scaling consultancy services through effective resourcing, developing processes and coaching the team.
- Service delivery and improvement
- Working with experts in the consulting team to define and develop their services so that they are able to apply the latest methodologies
- Leading teams from the strategy, governance, reporting and energy services functions to provide a comprehensive Net Zero and reporting offering to their clients
- Working with the technology team so that their internal platform can meet evolving reporting and footprinting requirements and can scale the team and impact.
- Client relationship management
- Relationship building with multiple individuals in large and complex clients.
- Programme management of market leading clients with a focus on quality and timeliness.
- Improve client retention and help develop revenue in line with client's ambition.
- Empathy, intuition and influencing skills to draw out priorities, consolidate thinking and get buy-in to the proposed route forward.
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to lead workshops with business leaders.
- Leading teams and supporting colleagues with personal development.
- 10-15 years+ relevant experience in climate change related work
- Proven leadership skills, with accountability for driving a team, a business unit and revenue target
- People-first leader with an empowering style to bring the best out of our experts
- Ability and track record in developing and delivering net Zero strategies and carbon reduction
- Extensive consultancy experience, including client relationship management
- Experience of taking a leading role in key solutions presentations and handling objections from C-level clients
- Ability to develop accounts and hold trusted advisor relationships with senior players in large organisations
- Demonstrable experience in creating, capturing and communicating value within a dynamic B2B environment
- Awareness of areas in which our business can build a business case for future growth
- Ability and desire to look for continuous improvement opportunities
Please apply today or get in touch if you would like to know more
Please note that we will endeavour to review your application within two weeks and, if there is interest in your candidacy, a Consultant will be in touch. Unfortunately, due to the significant amount of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback so if you have not heard from us within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest.
Lewis Davey specialise in recruiting talented people across Town Planning, Cleantech & Sustainability and Environmental industries.