Technical Solutions Engineer - Smart Buildings
Posted on Jun 1, 2022 by Lewis Davey
Technical Support Engineer - Smart Buildings
Keen to play a part in building a net zero carbon world? Interested in working with a leading organisation? Understand buildings management systems? Familiar with supplier interactions? Hold a passion for data and analysing?
Lewis Davey is recruiting for a Technical Support Engineer who is passionate to play a part in building a net zero caron world. Working with high-end clients to achieve their sustainability, energy and carbon reduction goals - aligning their sustainability goals with their business goals. Working with a team of sustainability strategists, software engineers, data scientists and buildings engineers, as Technical Support Engineer, you will play a part in delivering action. Lewis Davey is recruiting for an individual to take a leading role in the management of engineering support functions for the rapidly growing business. The role will support the consultant engineering teams and be responsible for the day-to-day management & configuration of our cloud-based building data integration & capture supervisory platforms and processes. Key to this role will be the set-up of hardware, data flows, telemetry points categorisation & mobilisation of data collection from clients' sites. Some client and supply chain interactions will be required.
· Act as primary point of contact for site engineers when deploying new smart building integration solutions
· Ensure system stability and operational continuity for cloud and edge software to include inhouse software & 3rd party platforms (eg LoRaWAN Server)
· Monitor system network for healthy connection, if network connection fails then take action to investigate and resolve
· Manage supply chain partners providing hardware and software solutions, to include SIM card management for site communications
Hardware Configuration, Deployment & Site mobilisation
· Carry out set up and pre-configuration of hardware for site deployment - to include integration devices, gateways and sensors
· Support team with hardware specification process to advise on practical hardware solutions for building integration depending on site complexity and client requirement
· Remotely support engineering team to solve issues during on-site deployment
· Manage hardware ordering process and maintain records of deployed assets, supply chain and stock management
· Configure edge and cloud software platforms to map telemetry data points and ensure data flows are configured and tested
· Monitor system network for healthy connection and when network connection failed then, take action to investigate and resolve
· Investigate high energy consumption and support analyst team with data interrogation.
Data Feeds & Data Quality
· Set up & manage incoming data files & feeds from site deployed data gathering assets / gateways
· Manage data quality, reviewing data for inconsistencies or anomalies that could skew analytical results.
· Identify and resolve issues relating to data feeds & communications failures.
· Formulate & evolve techniques for quality data collection to ensure adequacy, accuracy and legitimacy of data
· Assist with reports and data extraction when needed
· Support engineering and analyst teams with BMS data point selection for the purpose of smart building monitoring
· Troubleshoot data-related problems and authorize maintenance or modifications
What you will need to succeed
- Demonstrable experience with the operation of building management systems (BMS) including - Management, set up & configuration of BMS platforms and Management of data flows & problem-solving data flow issues
- Good knowledge of building mechanical, electrical and HVAC systems in the commercial and industrial environment
- Familiarity with common control systems such as Trend, Tridium, Cylon, Schneider, Siemens
- Familiarity with Haystacks Schema for data point tagging in HVAC systems
- Experience working with SQL databases
- At least 2 years working in or with project management, programme management or project support teams
- Experience supporting an operational delivery team and have a firm understanding of building services, infrastructure, and control systems
If you are looking to take that next step in your career and looking to develop professionally, then get in touch today for more information
Lewis Davey specialises in recruiting talented people across Town Planning, Cleantech & Sustainability and Environmental industries.