Sustainability Data Manager
Posted on Jun 1, 2022 by Lewis Davey
SUSTAINABILITY MANAGER-Data & Reporting
Lewis Davey is delighted to be exclusively supporting Derwent London as they look to recruit a Sustainability Manager into their London based sustainability team.
Derwent London is the largest real estate investment trust focused on the central London commercial property market, with over 85 buildings valued at over £5bn in 13 London villages. Our core strategy is to acquire and own a portfolio of central London properties that offer significant opportunities to enhance and extract value through refurbishment, regeneration and redevelopment.
Our purpose is to help improve and upgrade the stock of office space in central London, providing above average long-term returns to our shareholders while brining social and economic benefits to all our stakeholders.
By setting an open and progressive corporate culture and promoting values that include building lasting relationships, our design-led ethos has created a brand of well-designed, flexible and efficient buildings at affordable rents. These not only help our occupiers attract talent but also revitalise neighbourhoods and benefit local communities. Our approach contributes to workforce wellbeing and helps to maintain London's place as a leading global business hub.
The purpose of this role is to work within the Sustainability Team supporting the development and delivery of Derwent London's sustainability programme, both internally and externally.
The basis of the role concentrates on the automation and effective management and digitisation of the Derwent London resource efficiency data sets and databases to enable the effective monitoring, disclosure and action towards delivery of our net zero carbon aspiration and wider sustainability objectives. In addition, supporting the team across the various internal and external data reporting requirements; for example, corporate annual reporting, internal monthly and quarterly performance management reporting, and ad-hoc occupier data requests. This includes the identification of trends and performance against benchmarks to improve data visibility and understanding across the business.
Linked to the physical data management and digitisation the role will be required to develop the various tools and techniques to enable our move towards managing our data and reporting digitally and work across the company, liaising with different departments, teams and occupiers to ensure this is effectively achieved. Likewise, feeding into the various data and digital initiatives being undertaken across the organisation.
Furthermore, the role will be expected to work on wider business assignments linked to our intelligent building's rollout, or data orientated activities where need arises as instructed by the Senior Sustainability Manager. In addition, the role will be expected to support in the wider sustainability programme, as and when required.
Key responsibilities for the role include, but are not limited to:
- Automating and managing the various sustainability databases and data flows to ensure they are kept constantly up to date and accurate.
- Develop the required tools, techniques, and processes to enable the transition of the sustainability data into the various business wide digital platforms and environments. Current tools used are MS Excel and Power BI.
- Progress the monthly league tables, Net Zero Carbon Action Plans and quarterly sustainability performance dashboards and exception reports, liaising with the various target holders to ensure timely and accurate population for building managers, asset managers and the Sustainability Committee.
- Working with the wider Sustainability and Property Management teams to analyse utility consumption, develop performance benchmarks, trends, identify wastage and emission reductions opportunities
- Lead and manage the annual submissions of the various external indices and questionnaires e.g. CDP and GRESB.
- Lead the annual audit assurance process for our annual environmental data reporting
- Working with the wider Sustainability and Comm Teams, assist with the production of the annual responsibility report.
- On an ad-hoc work on wider business assignments linked to the intelligent buildings or data orientated activities.
- Assist in any other related sustainability work which may arise.