Mainframe integrator- SCHEDULING - JCL -BANKING- REMOTE WORKING
Posted on May 31, 2022 by Appella Recruitment
Not Specified, Belgium
€500 - €525 Daily
As part of Group Technology Services, Core Mainframe tribe, we are looking for an Mainframe integrator.
- Proceed with impact analysis and deployment of applications within test, pre-production and production environments.
- Guarantee the quality control and implement the following components and deliverables:
- Scheduling definitions (CA7, XPS, IWS)
- Operation scripts (PCL, JCL, REXX.)
- Operational procedures (stop, start, restart application)
- Environment delivery (from test to production) and life cycle management
- Quantify team involvement for simple projects and maintenance.
- Define guidelines and policies, and develop and maintain standard procedures for integrating new/updated components and applications in the infrastructure.
- Design, develop, make evolve/improve and maintain supporting tooling, test environment management tools and impact analysis tools.
- Provide second level support to production operations. Combine good analytical skills and problem-solving abilities. Solve root-cause of problems.
- Executes the timely delivery and integration of business application in to pre-production and production with the expected quality, acting as a production stability guardian
- Provide support to test execution acting as first level support for the environment infrastructure
- Complexity & problem solving: Handles standard situation by relying on existing procedures and methods, covering several but known domains of expertise. Handles non-standard situations by connecting to experts in the related domains.
- Decision making: Relies on existing processes and policies to take decisions.
- Autonomy and leadership: Works autonomously on standard activities or non-complex demands. Organises, co-ordinates and plans activities independently. Priorities are set by the job. Uses expertise to challenge the goals and scope of new requests and evaluates the impact of these new requirements
Qualifications - External
- You have knowledge in Mainframe operating systems and development or engineering;
- You have a master degree in computer science or equivalent through experience;
- You have proven experience in programming/Scripting languages (JCL, PL/I, REXX, SQL, ASG Cortex)
- You have scheduler knowledge (CA-7; IWS).
- Additional IT Mainframe knowledge is a plus.