Posted on May 31, 2022 by Sage Publishing
This role is to ensure that SAGE's systems are maintained with product data to ensure downstream systems function accordingly to their needs. This role is responsible for understanding the needs of those systems and either entering products correctly based upon those needs or training and monitoring others to do so
- Act as business partner with other departments in the business to ensure that the needs of that department are fully understood, and operational outcomes are delivered by matching the business needs with appropriate processes and reviewing over a period of time in order to accommodate new revenue streams and product
- Build a deep understanding and high level of expertise of SAGE systems and take an practical approach to identifying and applying technical solutions where needed and acting as a subject matter expert to support other system users outside of the Circulation team.
- Working collaboratively with other departments to contribute to business continuity during periods of change by establishing best practices and identifying training
- Ensure the continual development and improvement of standard operating procedures within the team
- Take responsibility for training out specific tasks within the Circulation Operations team, acting as the subject matter expert, creating supporting documentation and monitoring outputs to ensure that the training has been
- Monitor system inputs and outputs using standard operating procedures, and escalating errors according to those procedures
- Ensure product set-up meets the agreed standards and work with users to rectify issues as they occur
- Contribute to the annual exercise in product pricing and packages updates, ensuring data is collated and applied according to the project plan
- Take responsibility for selecting workload from requests, updating peers and supervisors on progress
Skills Qualifications and Experience
- You have some technical experience of mapping and creating processes and services
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite of products is required and experience of working with various IT databases
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to articulate findings and instructions to a variety of audiences appropriately
- Experience of analysing data and using the data to make informed decisions
- Experience of recommending and implementing technical solutions to problems and identifying new approaches to existing processes
- Ability to influence and gain buy in for proposals
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a global environment
This job description is not contractual. To perform this role successfully, you must be able to perform each of the key accountabilities satisfactorily. To meet changes in business operational, procedural or technical requirements SAGE may add, remove or amend/change the accountabilities for this role and you should be aware that this job description is not exhaustive and you may be asked to undertake reasonable tasks and activities outside those for which you are primarily employed.
SAGE UK is committed to Diversity and Inclusion and is an equal opportunities employer. We value individuality and therefore welcome all qualified applications from a diverse range of candidates.