Python Developer CI/CD
Posted on May 31, 2022 by Flint Consulting Limited
Python Developer Telco Domain Orchestration
We are looking for highly motivated and talented software engineers to join Flint Intl platform team, responsible for building performant, reliable, and maintainable platform services and tools in a large, polyglot, distributed environment deployment of the Ansible and the CI/CD Framework.
- Develop micro-services and tools that provide common support for scalable and highly available software system
- Develop DevOps tools to automate deploying micro-services on platform and K8S.
- Develop service templates
- Python application development with Kafka Producers and Consumers
- Coding RA's (resource adaptors) using python experience
- Work closely with design teams to support their use of the platform to deliver complete solutions to customers
- Participate in all phases of an agile development cycle - plan, design, implement, review, test, deploy, document, and training
- Troubleshoot and resolve customer issues
- Strive to make continuous improvement
Collaboration with stakeholders
Working collaboratively with Product Owner, Product Line Management (PLM), Product Verification, development teams, customer support teams, documentation team, etc.
Areas of impact
The software is based on a modern Domain architecture that leverages open-source technologies, model-driven templates and container-based micro-services. The software facilitates the evolution toward more efficient, modernized network operations and software-defined programmability to accelerate the delivery of on-demand services, reduce costs, and enable a path to increased network autonomy. As a member of platform team, you will provide services, tools and manage system complexity to help the Flint solution teams to deliver value more easily and in a maintainable way.
- 5 to 8 years CI/CD deployment experience
- Bachelors/Masters Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals, algorithms, and design patterns
- Proficient in languages such as Python/Java/Golang
- Experience with micro-services and container-based technologies (eg, Docker)
- Knowledge of automated deployment, scaling, and management of containerized applications tools like Kubernetes(k8s).
- Experience with distributed, highly-available, horizontally scalable systems running at large scale
- Git life cycle branching merge conflicts resolution
- CI/CD (GitLab)
- Remote and local runners
- Ability to write runner scripts from scratch (Shell Scripts etc.)
- GitOps/Flux CD experience
- Kubernetes Clusters
- Multus Networking
- Prometheus Metrics Pod types
- Experience with repositories like artifactory
- Helm charts - should understand the structure, able to create and modify
- Helm CLI experience
- Terraform deployment experience a bonus
- Testing Ansible, Helm Charts, GitOps Cucumber/Gherkin Test Automation Framework a bonus