Posted on May 31, 2022 by Cirrus Nexus
Please note this role requires IR35 compliance (inside IR35)
We are looking for an experienced and innovative Program Manager with a proven track record of analytical and strategic thinking and strong expertise in AWS and Azure cloud technologies to join our global client's Developer & Identity Platform space. You will confidently drive the end-to-end delivery of activities, risks, issues, and dependencies, and facilitate the governance of processes and procedures. You will manage the programme budget and regularly engage with key stakeholders to convert business needs into technical requirements.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Team: Lead and work across both internal and external teams to deliver proof-of-concepts or pilot projects (3 to 6 months), to full-scaled implementations within business areas in an Agile way. Coach the team in the use and application of agile practices.
Relationships/Stakeholder Management: Identify, setup and execute the various initiative/project governance. Regular engagements with stakeholder groups (internal and external) to ensure timely resolution or escalations of risks/issues or to request the support required. Ability to influence and inspire change in positive and impactful way.
Program Management: Lead the end-to-end delivery of initiatives/projects and perform the necessary due diligence to ensure compliance and risk assessment are performed involving digital security, legal and procurement teams as appropriate. Actively managing risks, issues, capturing lessons learned from the success/failure of the project and agreeing with stakeholder groups the next set of actions/steps. Maintain open communication between everyone involved and act as a single point of contact by developing, maintaining, and executing business engagement strategies and plan. Managing the finances for the initiatives/projects with planning and estimations, approval and tracking throughout the life cycle. Monitor, improve on, and measure benefits against business case.
Vendor Management: Coordinate and work across various vendors to deliver the best outcome for the initiative.
Digital/Technology: Create awareness and understanding of the technology in the business groups and demonstrating the potential of the technology to create value for the business area. Defining and executing the change management required for the technology implementation. Implement continuous improvement cycle within the delivery and ensure best practices are shared across the team and design feedback mechanisms to drive performance and cost improvement in processes.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 10 years' relevant industry experience
- Experience with AWS/Azure
- Experience with CI/CD and code repositories (GitHub)
- Experience with OpenTelemetry (desirable)
- Management of delivery in agile mode end-to-end from planning to deployment
- Previous hands-on technical experience
- Prior experience facilitating planning workshops to collect requirements for feature development, prioritisation to establish a road map for delivery (from MVP to GA, requirements aggregated/mapped to a set of epics/features)
- Prior experience working in large, diverse, multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to identify and mitigate risks in collaboration with stakeholders
- Relevant professional certification
- Result oriented, task driven leader, taking full ownership delivery, with excellent stakeholder management
- Experience of working with scrum, Kanban and their variants, conducting agile ceremonies
- Tools - ADO or similar