Azure Cloud Architect
Posted on May 30, 2022 by The Royak Group Inc.
The Azure Cloud Architect is a high-level specialist who is responsible for interacting and working with the business units and IT development to provide high quality software to meet business needs. Will serve as a technical thought leader and SME for our public cloud ecosystem of partners, customers, and service providers. You will plan, analyze, design, test, deploy and monitor enterprise-scale Microsoft Azure cloud IaaS, PaaS and Serverless solutions. You will be a technical subject matter expert for cloud infrastructure systems. You will apply your technical expertise in Microsoft cloud offerings to promote innovative solutions to our customers. You will develop relationships with key customer stakeholders and help them achieve their business goals.
Other essential job duties & responsibilities include:
- Lead the design and deployment of enterprise-scale Azure solutions
- Lead technical discussions with senior customer executives that drive decisions and implementation approaches.
- Review and manage technical requirements and business functional requirements to establish new cloud platforms
- Design architectures with Microsoft Azure to meet our clients' technical, security, and business needs
- Execute on implementation plans to deploy Azure infrastructure and move workloads to Azure.
- Architecting Microsoft Azure Solutions across multiple platforms.
- Providing Microsoft Azure architecture collaboration with other technical teams such as infrastructure, network and telecommunications.
- Documentation of solutions (eg architecture, configuration and setup).
- Working within a project management/agile delivery methodology in a leading role as part of a wider team.
- Provide effective knowledge transfer and upskilling to relevant customer personnel to ensure an appropriate level of future self-sufficiency.
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Business or a related field, will consider applicable experience as it translates to equivalent degree.
- 8+ years of relevant experience.
- Direct experience of a range services from the Microsoft Azure Cloud Platform including Infrastructure and Security related services such as Azure AD, IaaS, Containers, Storage, Networking and Azure Security.
- Direct experience of enterprise solution shaping and Microsoft Azure Cloud architecture development including excellent documentation skills.
- Experience of setting up, deploying, and managing multiple environments to support agile development approaches.
- Certification in either Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions or Architecting Microsoft Azure.
- Deep understanding of coding best practices and modern architectural patterns, including micro services and message-driven architectures
- Recent hands-on experience with DevOps toolset
- Experience with Azure Governance and Best Practices (Role Based Access Control, Networking Architectures, Cost Management controls, etc.)
- Experience with Azure Resource Manager, Resource Groups, Virtual Networks, Azure Virtual Machines, Azure Blob Storage, PowerShell DSC, Azure Automation, Azure Active Directory, and Azure Site Recovery
- Understanding of Azure SQL Database, Azure Functions, Logic Apps, Azure DevOps
- It is essential that you have strong, in-depth and demonstrable hands-on experience with the following technologies:
- Microsoft Azure and its relevant build, deployment, automation, networking and security technologies in cloud and hybrid environments.
- Microsoft Azure Platform As A Service ( PaaS ) products such as Azure SQL, AppServices, Logic Apps, Functions and other Serverless services
- Understanding of Microsoft Identity and Access Management products such including Azure AD or AD B2C
- Microsoft Azure Operational and Monitoring tools, including Azure Monitor, App Insights and Log Analytics
- Knowledge of PowerShell, Git, ARM templates and deployment automation.
- Experienced in the design and delivery of enterprise level Highly Available solutions.