Senior Staff Engineer - Data
Posted on May 30, 2022 by Red 10
My client, an exciting and innovative software house who have a world renowned Digital Experience platform alongside multiple successful products within the Ecommerce space are seeking a Senior Staff Engineer to join their team.
What you'll be doing:
- You will build and support products, platforms, and tools that provide high leverage to customers and engineering teams
- You will drive continuous improvements to the reliability, accuracy, performance, security, and cost of our data infrastructure
- You'll solve business-critical data and distributed systems engineering problems, utilizing the best languages and technologies for the job.
- You work with highly scalable systems that ingest, deduplicate, count, aggregate, store, and archive event data as well as serve Real Time analytics insights
- Strong Software engineering experience.
- Expertise in object-oriented programming languages like Java
- Knowledge of build/release systems and processes.
- Deep passion for the infrastructure space and solving complex problems using modern database technology.
- Familiarity with microservice architectures and experience building infrastructure platforms and tools
- Experience with Cloud Computing platforms like AWS and understanding of scaling and reliability concerns.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Knowledge of container services (Docker/Kubernetes) is a plus.
Some technologies we work with:
- Java, Kotlin, Typescript
- Snowflake, Scylla, Elasticsearch
- Kafka, Storm
- Docker, Kubernetes
- AWS cloud