Senior Software Engineer - Analytics
Posted on May 30, 2022 by Red 10
My client, an exciting and innovative software house who have a world renowned Digital Experience platform alongside multiple successful products within the Ecommerce space are seeking a Senior Java Software Engineer to join their team.
The Senior Software Engineer to join my clients Analytics and Reporting team to help us build a centralized infrastructure that enables analysis capabilities across our products.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead development and maintenance of the Analytics and Reporting services and infrastructure required for extraction, transformation, and loading of data from various data sources.
- Drive continuous improvements in our data infrastructure's reliability, observability, performance, security, and cost.
- Ensure compliance with data protection regulations.
- Test and troubleshoot the system.
- Collaborate with engineers and product managers to deliver on the Analytics and Reporting roadmap.
- Strong Software engineering experience.
- Expertise in object-oriented programming languages like Java.
- Expertise in SQL.
- Experience in implementing and architecting complex data management and BI capabilities.
- Experience in data modelling, ETL, and reporting.
- Knowledge of build/release systems and processes.
- Familiarity with microservice architectures and experience building infrastructure platforms and tools.
- Experience with Cloud Computing platforms like AWS, GCP, or Azure and understanding of scaling and reliability concerns.
- SaaS industry experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of container services (Docker/Kubernetes) is a plus.
- Familiarity with BI tools like Looker, Tableau, Power BI, Sisense, churned.io, etc. is a plus.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
Why you'll succeed:
- You have an automation mindset. You seek to understand problems fully, and then produce workable and efficient solutions.
- You reflect and seek feedback on choices and trade-offs in your design process.
- You seek context to inform your decisions, and you adapt to changes according to the needs of the business.
- You are curious about emerging technologies and are interested in evaluating and adapting where it makes sense.
- You are a team player who enjoys collaborating across engineering teams.
- You are comfortable engaging in product architecture discussions.
- You appreciate working with people from all walks of life, and you work to respectfully engage and collaborate with colleagues regardless of perspective or experience.