DevOps and Software Engineer - REMOTE - 6-month initial - UN-agency-client - EN-speaking
Posted on May 30, 2022 by infom consulting GmbH
We are looking for one "DevOps and Software Engineer" to start ASAP a 6-months initial contract (extensions possible) for an international Org' -client in ROME, where 100% REMOTE work is possible.
Possibility of extension based on performance and budget availability. English speaking environment. Our client is an international organisation in Rome and a great reference in any CV!
100% Off-site/Off-shore. A competitive rate will increase chances to be selected.
You will work alongside developers and system administrators as part of cross-technical teams while adopting new technologies and architectural principles, as well as approaches to delivery, deployment, scalability, monitoring, continuous integration and continuous delivery. This is an hands-on role that will support ICT in defining the future state vision, developing an IT architecture for an end-to-end integrated capability and ensuring technical implementation aligns with the design intent and achieves operational sustainability. In this role, the incumbent will be responsible for driving and accelerating the way teams deploy projects and releases across multiple projects.
Specifically, the consultant will:
- Act as a subject matter expert in the DevOps space and has a strong understanding of the roadmap, trends and industry practices. Provide hands-on technical coach, accelerating the learning of other ICT specialists.
- Design consistent standards, principles and reference models for infrastructure, application, security, information/data and integration.
- Ensure that appropriate data security and access controls are maintained for network based applications deployed over Local and Wide Area Networks.
- Design, automate and improve processes within the Development Lifecycle and release process (CI/CD)
- Design and implement new Ruby on Rails web application considering micro-services/components patterns and strong accent on API integration points.
- Design, develop, enhance and maintain on-premise and cloud-based tools and software solutions.
- Provide expertise and support on bug fixing and minor change requests of live web applications developed in house.
- Provide technical knowledge in engineering, releasing and maintaining web-based enterprise applications.
- Update the IT Knowledge Base, ensuring application documentation is up-to-date and available.
- At least six years of professional work experience
- Hands on experience with DevOps/Automation tools and familiarity with large-scale ICT architectures and automated deployment techniques in virtual environments.
- Experience in continuous integration and development tools such as Jenkins; JIRA; Nexus; GIT-Hub or Bit Bucket; Maven; Gradle; and CI/CD pipelines such as Bitbucket, Jenkins, Artifactory, Ansible, Terraform, and Packer.
- Solid enterprise development experience, minimum 6 years, of which 2 years of experience with the Ruby on Rails Development Framework using Behaviour/Test Driven Development methodology.
- Hands on experience in building and testing APIs for Ruby on Rails applications.
- Experience with logging and reporting solutions.
- Understanding of automation practices throughout the development, build, and deployment phases of the application life cycle.
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure-as-a-service platforms such as: AWS, Google Compute Engine, Azure, Soft Layer, OpenStack, etc
- Experience with configuration management and automation tools such as: Chef, Puppet, and Ansible.
- Experience with orchestration template technologies such as: OpenStack Heat, AWS Cloud Formation, Azure Resource Manager, Google Cloud Deployment Manager
- Experience developing cloud-native applications that adhere to microservices and twelve-factor application principles.
- Experience with development using Github, Bitbucket or Gitlab.
- Experience with infrastructure automation, infrastructure as code, automated application deployment, monitoring/telemetry, logging, reporting/dashboarding, and continuous delivery technologies 20. Experience in building high-performance infrastructures that are scalable and resilient.
- Contributing to Open Source projects is a plus.
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related discipline.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English essential.
- Excellent development skills in Ruby on Rails and other web technology platforms
- Solid UNIX Systems Administration skills
- Container architecture such as Kubernetes
- Design and debugging of TCP/IP(v4) networks
- Configuration Management
- PostgreSQL 9.x administration
- Knowledge of GIT versioning systems
- Operating Systems: Mac OSX, Linux, Windows
AWARD & OTHERS
The applicants attention is drawn to the important role that the curriculum vitae plays in the evaluation. Curriculum vitae shall illustrate the specific skills relevant to this request.
We would like to receive CVs of suitable candidates together with pricing quotations, based on a daily net rate including travel costs for the services described for off-site work.
infom consulting is an owner-managed business and consulting firm in Germany. The company supports large corporations and larger SMEs across Europe. Our IT experts are realising projects for the European Institutions, United Nations agencies, International Organisations and multinational companies across the EU.