Cyber Security Engineer II
Posted on May 29, 2022 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
Cyber Security Engineer II
SALARY: $150K FLEX PLUS 10% BONUS
LOCATION: DALLAS, TX
Looking for a candidate with Security Risks & Vulnerabilities, 5 plus years Windows Unix IT Controls IT Infrastructure Scripting Automation Cloud Azure Frameworks ISO NIST SOC Identity Access Management Authentication anti-Malware Server Firewalls System log correlation and analysis data encryption endpoint detection vulnerability assessments forensic tools web filtering SPAM prevention
The Security Engineer II performs security risk assessments on new and current technologies, analyzes and reports on vulnerabilities as part of the overall vulnerability management function, collaborates with Security Architecture on projects, and provides subject matter expertise for Information Security.
- Perform Risk Assessments for IT projects, technologies and third-parties (eg, vendors and service providers). Respond to security assessments, questionnaires and audits from clients and third-party business partners.
- Subject matter expert for Information Security, consulting to technical and non-technical management, and attorneys as necessary.
- Evaluate and recommend security technologies and solutions. Plan and execute projects to implement new technologies and controls or to upgrade existing ones. Create and maintain system, procedural and support documentation.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of security policies, standards, processes and guidelines.
- Participate in issues management (exception and findings requests) as needed.
- Collect information on emerging threats including software vulnerabilities. Coordinate triage of and response to vulnerability information. Disseminate this information regularly to firm staff and management as appropriate.
- Participate in long-term strategy and planning for Information Security.
Qualifications & Requirements
Education, Work Experience, Skills
- Five (5) years of work experience in IT Security is required
- 4-year college degree in information technology or equivalent experience
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP) are preferred
- Experience with assessments in Windows and Unix is required
- Knowledge of IT security controls and IT infrastructure is required
- Strong knowledge of cloud technologies such as Microsoft Azure IaaS and SaaS is required
- Scripting/automation experience such as Python, PowerShell and API integrations is preferred
- Strong knowledge on Security frameworks and technologies such as ISO 27001, NIST, SOC, SIG is required
- Outstanding communication (verbal, written, visualization and listening) skills
- Self-starter who can work independently as well as in a team setting
- Interest in understanding customer perspective to aid in the development of the right solution
- Commitment to delivering quality solutions
- Ability to communicate technical topics to a non-technical audience
- The ability to research and solve complex security and networking challenges
- Demonstrated personal skills to effectively cooperate and communicate with business partners
- 2 plus years' experience in the design of strong security architectures that protect networks from threats and vulnerabilities
- Demonstration of strong business acumen with analytical, interpersonal, multi-tasking, negotiations, industry knowledge, project management and communication, written as well as oral skills
- Knowledge of security technology capabilities
- Knowledge of cloud capabilities, controls and implementation
- Knowledge of security administration and role based security controls
- Knowledge of authentication technologies and their interaction with different platforms, both on-site and remote
- Knowledge of Identity & Access Management technologies
- Knowledge of anti-malware technologies
- Knowledge of Intrusion Detection and Intrusion Prevention technical capabilities
- Knowledge of both client and server Firewalling technologies and their configuration and administration
- Knowledge of security systems log correlation and analysis
- Knowledge of data encryption technologies
- Knowledge of Endpoint Detection and Response tools
- Knowledge of vulnerability assessment and forensic tools
- Knowledge of web filtering and email SPAM prevention techniques
Certificates, Licensures, Registrations
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP) are preferred.