Communications officer/social media/digital communications
Posted on May 29, 2022 by Methods Business and Digital Technology Limited
Role: Digital Content Manager
Contract length: Now till October 2022
Day rate: £250 Inside IR35
Security clearance: This role will require you to have or be willing to go through Security Clearance. As part of the onboarding process candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard; details of the evidence required to apply may be found on the government website Gov.UK. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed, or rejected. Details of this will be discussed with you at interview
- An experienced digital communications professional with a track record of delivery, ideally within a business to business or client-facing marketing environment, with the ability to prioritise, set and evaluate objectives, evaluate impact and apply learning.
- Able to demonstrate expertise and experience of creating engaging digital content and devising and delivering creative communications activity against measured objectives, outputs and outcomes; including experience of using social media analytic tools.
- Comfortable working to deadlines, prioritising multiple tasks and working as a team and in partnership with other team members and stakeholders.
- High quality design and written skills to create engaging digital content and impactful written content including blogs, case-studies, news articles and marketing content..
- Experience of delivery of both paid-for and low/no budget marketing and communication activity both in-house and managing marketing agencies to deliver, with the ability to oversee projects through from inception to completion.
- Having detailed knowledge of the role of digital communications and marketing in delivering departmental business objectives within a commercial context, and preferably, experience of the public sector operating environment.
Behaviours and technical skills:
- You are expected to be proficient in each of the Government Communication Service (GCS) core competencies to IO (HEO) level.
- Membership of a relevant professional marketing or communications body and/or professional marketing qualification is desirable.
You will need to demonstrate your experience of:
- Writing for the web, with proven ability to create content that is accessible and usable.
- Producing content based on user needs.
- Managing relationships with stakeholders.
- Working with content publishing systems.
- Using a style guide to produce consistent content.
- Using your negotiating and influencing skills to get results.
- Working flexibly with team members to deliver shared goals to tight deadlines.
- You will be expected to demonstrate a high level of writing and editorial skills.
Full job description provided after application