Project Leader for Security Projects
Posted on May 29, 2022 by Base 3
Your overall responsibility of the project includes:
- Build the business case with the help of the project Sponsors
- Define the benefits, scope, timing and budget of the project
- Deliver the project scope on time, on budget and with the expected quality
- Ensure timely delivery on the project deliverables by creating challenging but feasible plans through good stakeholder management and outstanding project planning capabilities.
- Ensure quality of deliverables and delivered services through a structured project management approach (project planning tools, project reporting, project management methodology, project risks management, etc)
- Collaborate with teams across various divisions and entities (eg French and UK colleagues)
- Coordinate all parties involved in the project: both inside the organization (Corporate Technology, Applications Development, Operations, Commercial, Risk, Audit, etc) and externally (for example IT suppliers or clients)
- Maintain compliance with architecture principles and recommendations
- Hand over the finalized project to the maintenance and operational teams
- You already have 5+ years of proven Project Management experience in an IT delivery/Security environment
- Experience managing the implementation of security controls is a big plus.
- You are experienced in managing end to end several projects in parallel with size varying from 300 to 3,000 man-days.
- You have demonstrated through your career strong leadership skills with the ability as well to adapt your style according to the context and the different project stakeholders.
- These projects were managed according to at least one of the industry standard methodologies like Waterfall, PMI or Prince2. The Knowledge of Scrum methodology would be an added value.
- Your responsibilities encompassed the different aspects of these ones (Planning, Budgets, Risks & Issues, Resources management ). Previous experience of outsourced projects management is a plus.
- You naturally have strong negotiation and conflict management skills and you are able to influence different levels of management towards your projects targets.
- You are fluent in English and have excellent communication skills (listening, writing, and presenting) at all levels, from staff members to senior management level.
- You have a natural affinity with the technical domains and experienced at least 3 of them in your past experience (eg Network LAN/WAN, Cyber-Security, Windows, Unix/Linux, Mainframe or Tandem). This allows you to understand the IT infrastructures & architectures in a complex environment and to synthesize the situation in an understandable way for different audiences.
Note: this role has been assessed as Inside IR35 which only affects UK resident candidates