Vacation Planner, Inbound Sales
Posted on May 28, 2022 by Globus family of brands
The Vacation Planner, Inbound Sales is responsible for the following results:
· Reaching and exceeding sales objectives by selling travel packages and product up-sells
· Handling inbound and outbound sales calls and e-mails using GVI's sales protocols
· Maintaining customer satisfaction by ensuring customers receive accurate, timely, and quality information about the products we are supplying
· Answering primarily customer inquiries by maintaining knowledge of key differences, mail campaigns, product knowledge, and destination expertise
· Cultivating and maintaining on-going relationships with customers and influencing product loyalty
· Developing business relationships and fostering a spirit of cooperation with GVI departments as needed to serve the needs of customers
· Contributing to a team effort by accomplishing related results or projects as needed
· Handling special projects as assigned through detailed program knowledge and interpersonal skills
The preferred candidate will hold an Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or six months to one year related experience in customer service, sales, or travel industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The preferred candidate has noteworthy experience in the following areas:
· A minimum of three months or more experience in a sales capacity within a call center environment
· Demonstrated ability to write effective email communication
· Demonstrating the importance of service in retaining customer loyalty
· Building client and customer relationships
· Technical and functional skills using a variety of computer applications. In-house this includes the Tip Reservation System, Intranet, Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet, and may include airline GDS'
· Ability to type at least 45 words per minute
· Working with points of interest/geography
· Knowledge of GVI products, services, policies, and features (key differences)
· Ability to work in a call center environment that includes structure, shifts, performance measurements, etc.
While performing this job, it will require: Eight (8) hours or more a day of sitting; walking; standing; bending; answering the telephone; entering data into the computer; retrieving data from the computer or analyzing data from reports.