Vacation Planner, Outbound Sales
Posted on May 28, 2022 by Globus family of brands
Vacation Planner, Outbound Sales create happy guests by following up with direct customer leads, initiating outbound calls and correspondence campaigns designed to generate and increase consumer direct sales and build relationships with prospective guests. The position converts outbound telephone calls and e-mail correspondence into sales by identifying the customer's travel needs through engaged, interactive conversation and probing questions. The Travel Sales Consultant needs to be organized and have strong follow-up skills in order to smoothly transition warm prospects into booked customers. The hours consist of an 8 hour workday schedule between 6:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m., Monday-Friday. Saturday hours are from 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. as scheduled, plus additional hours and overtime as needed.
The Vacation Planner, Outbound Sales is responsible for the following results:
· Generating and increasing sales by identifying new customer travel opportunities and by building relationships with direct consumers through outbound calling, email communications and inbound call backs
· Educating customers on our products and promotions, and generating and increasing sales of GFOB travel packages
· Implementing call/email campaigns to direct consumers responding to marketing initiatives originating on our websites or through brochure orders
· Primary responsibility is for brochure leads and other leads types with lead score classification of "MILD"
· Secondary responsibility is for all other lead types and/or "MEDIUM" and "HOT" classification leads
· Reaching and exceeding sales objectives by converting prospects into sales
· Contribute to the development, maintenance, and utilization of Knowledge Base information to ensure written communication meets consistent quality standards
· Developing business relationships and fostering a spirit of cooperation with GVI departments as needed to serve the needs of customers
· Answering primarily customer inquiries by maintaining knowledge of 'key differences', promotional offers, marketing campaigns, product knowledge, and destination expertise
· Cultivating relationships with customers and influencing product loyalty
· Ensuring customers receive accurate, timely, and quality information about the products we supply, overcoming customer objections by researching, evaluating, resolving or escalating as needed
· Contributing to a team effort by accomplishing related results or projects as needed
· Handling special projects as assigned through detailed program knowledge and interpersonal skills
The preferred candidate will hold an Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; six months to one year related experience in outbound sales work, and travel industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The preferred candidate has noteworthy experience in the following areas:
· Demonstrated outbound sales experience
· Strong and documented writing skills to support friendly and interactive email correspondence
· Ability to smoothly transition and convert warm customer interactions via the phone or email into booked sales
· Strong organizational and follow-up skill to mine and maximize every available opportunity
· Strong and creative communicator who can verbally simplify the travel planning process and then connect the customer's needs seamlessly to their booked GFOB vacation
· A minimum of three months or more experience in a sales capacity within a call center environment
· Leisure travel product knowledge, specifically GFOB products, services, features, and benefits
· Working with call center technologies and processes, including email, Web chat, interactive selling or related techniques
· Demonstrating the importance of service in retaining customer loyalty
· Building client/customer relationships
· Technical and functional skills using a variety of computer applications. In-house this includes the Tip Reservation System, Intranet, Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet, and may include airline GDS'.
· Ability to type at least 45 wpm
· Working with points of interest/geographyProduct knowledge of GVI products, services, policies, and features (key differences)